Brown Sugar T-Bone Steaks with grilled vegetables is a great dinner for any night of the week and perfect for special occasions or entertaining guests. Tender and juicy T-bone steaks are seasoned with our best dry rub and grilled along with peppers, onions and tomatoes for a flavorful and delicious flavor combination.
This recipe will work with any cut of steak. We love ribeyes, strip steaks, sirloin and filet mignon on the grill. Use any fresh veggies that you have on hand including mushrooms, zucchini or corn. It makes a complete meal on the grill without heating up the kitchen.
PIN IT TO PINTEREST NOW!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
How to Grill Brown Sugar T-Bone Steaks:
- Set steaks out about an hour before cooking.
- Pat steaks dry with paper towels and place on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with the Best Dry Rub on both sides.
- Pierce steaks all over with the tip of a sharp knife.
- Prepare a grill fire to about 350° with hickory or oak for smoke flavor.
- Sear steaks for about 5 minutes over direct fire.
- Flip steaks and move to indirect heat. Cook with the lid closed about 8- 10 minutes. Check internal temperature with a digital thermometer for desired doneness.
- Remove from grill and allow to rest 1o minutes before slicing.
For the Grilled Vegetables:
- Slice onions and peppers and tomatoes in half.
- Drizzle with olive oil and place on a grill pan.
- Place grill pan over indirect heat and season with dry rub or salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
Vegetables can be prepped a few days in advance and placed in ziptop baggies or air tight containers in the refrigerator to make this dinner even quicker. Tomatoes are best sliced right before grilling and not refrigerated.
INTERNAL TEMPERATURES FOR T-BONE STEAKS:
- Rare: 130°
- Medium Rare: 140°
- Medium: 155°
- Well Done: 165°
TIPS FOR GRILLING STEAKS:
- Allow steaks come to room temperature will help with even cooking.
- Olive oil adds flavor enables the dry rub to coat the steak.
- Use a knife to tenderize the steak and also gets the flavor of the rub down into the meat.
- A digital thermometer is a must-have for grilling steaks. Pull the steaks about 5 degrees before desired doneness. Meat will continue to cook for about 5 minutes after it is pulled from the grill.
- Resting the meat about 10 minutes before serving allows the juices to absorb into the meat.
A grilled steak dinner is one of our favorite meals and it's so nice to be able to make a restaurant quality meal right at home. If it's a special occasion, like a birthday or anniversary dinner we will usually make twice baked potato casserole, grilled asparagus and yeast rolls to go with the steaks.