Smoky Coca-Cola Pork Steaks are incredibly flavorful and delicious. Tender and juicy pork steaks are grilled with hickory wood and brushed with a simple smoky Coca-Cola glaze for a family favorite dinner.
We love grilling pork steaks for a quick and easy dinner. Pork steaks are easy to pick up on special at the grocery store. If we find a deal on a pork shoulder , we will pick one up for sandwiches, homemade sausage and sometimes we slice off a few pork steaks.
PIN IT TO PINTEREST NOW:
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
How to Grill Smoky Coca-Cola Pork Steaks:
- Pat pork steaks dry with paper towels and allow to come to room temperature while you prepare the grill.
- Prepare a grill fire to about 350° with hickory for smoke flavor.
- Make the Smoky Coca-Cola Glaze: In a saucepan, combine Coca-Cola, brown sugar, garlic, smoked paprika, dried thyme, salt, pepper, chili flakes and cornstarch. Whisk to combine and cook over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Cook until sauce thickens. Remove from heat to cool.
- Remove ½ cup of glaze and brush pork steaks with glaze on both sides.
- Place pork steaks over direct heat to sear for about 5 minutes. Flip pork steaks and move to indirect heat. Cook with the lid closed about 10 minutes.
- Brush Smoky Coca-Cola glaze over pork steaks and flip, brush the other side and continue to cook until internal temperature reaches at least 145° with a digital thermometer. We cooked our pork steaks to about 150°.
- Remove from grill and allow to rest 10 minutes before serving.
How to Store and Reheat:
Store leftover pork steaks wrapped in plastic wrap in refrigerator up to 4 days.
Slice pork steaks and reheat in a skillet with additional Coca-Cola glaze or 2 tablespoons of water, covered over medium heat. Cook for about 5-8 minutes or until heated through.
The Smoky Coca-Cola glaze can be made in advance. Keep in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.