Garlic and Herb Pork Chops are a quick and easy meal to grill for any night of the week. A delicious dry rub filled with garlic, rosemary, basil and thyme adds tons of flavor to the smoky pork chops.
Pork chops are a great family dinner that everyone seems to agree on. This recipe is easy to prep and come off of the grill in under 20 minutes. If you are a mushroom lover, give these Mushroom Pork Chops a try.
Pork Chops: We are using thick, center cut pork chops that we sliced ourselves from a pork loin. Bone- in pork chops work for this recipe too but may take a bit longer to cook.
Olive Oil: Adds moisture to the lean pork chops and helps the rub stick to the pork.
Garlic and Herb Rub: Brown Sugar, Granulated Garlic, Onion Powder, Ground Rosemary, Dried Thyme, Dried Basil, Smoked Paprika, Kosher Salt, Pepper, Dry Mustard.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
How to Grill Garlic and Herb Pork Chops:
- Set pork chops out to come to room temperature about 30 minutes while you prepare a grill fire.
- Pat pork chops dry with paper towels.
- Place on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil over both sides.
- Sprinkle with dry rub on both sides, pressing the rub into the pork chops.
- Place pork chops over indirect fire. Close the grill and cook about 5 minutes.
- Flip pork chops and continue to cook with the grill closed another 10 minutes.
- Check pork chops with a digital thermometer, cooking to 140° internal temperature.
- Remove from grill and allow to rest 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
We served these grilled pork chops with classic potato salad. Corn on the Cob and grilled garlic bread are also great additions to any pork chop dinner.
GRILLING FACTS FOR GARLIC & HERB PORK CHOPS:
- Grill: Big Green Egg Large
- Heat Source: Hardwood Lump Charcoal
- Wood: Hickory or Pecan
- Grill Temperature: 300° - 350°
HOW TO STORE AND REHEAT:
- Store cooled pork chops wrapped in plastic wrap or foil and refrigerate up to 4 days.
- Slice pork chops to reheat in a skillet with olive oil over medium heat. Cook about 4- 5 minutes, stirring often until heated through.
TIPS FOR JUICY PORK CHOPS:
Pork chops tend to dry out over long cooking periods and are easy to dry out. Using olive oil and cooking over medium- high heat over a shorter time will help keep the pork chops juicy. Cook pork chops to about 140°, using a digital thermometer. Allow pork chops to rest before slicing.
More Delicious Pork Chop Recipes:
Brown Sugar Pork Chops are always a hit. So full of flavor from the best dry rub and smoky grilling flavors.
Garlic Butter Pork Chops are quick and easy for a weeknight dinner but delicious enough to entertain guests.
Garlic and Onion Pork Chops are one of our most requested recipes. Simple to make and full of delicious flavors that everyone can agree on.
BBQ Pork Chops are slathered in homemade sauce and topped with a sweet grilled pineapple. A classic meal on the grill that always satisfies.
We add grilled pork chops to the menu at least once a week. They are quick, easy and so delicious. We had the whole family over for Sunday dinner and these Garlic and Herb Pork Chops were a huge hit. Add them to your grilling plans this week!
FOLLOW OUT GRILLING ON SOCIAL MEDIA
FACEBOOK * PINTEREST * INSTAGRAM * TWITTER
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
Garlic and Herb Pork Chops
Garlic and Herb Pork Chops with a delicious dry rub filled with garlic, rosemary, basil and thyme adds tons of flavor to these grilled pork chops.
- 8 pork chops
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup Garlic and Herb Rub (recipe below)
- Prepare a grill fire to about 350° with hickory or pecan for smoke flavor.
- Pat pork chops dry with paper towels and place on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil, coating both sides.
- Sprinkle Garlic and Herb Rub over both sides of pork chops and allow to rest at room temperature while the grill fire gets hot.
- Cook pork chops over indirect fire with the grill closed about 5 minutes. Keep the grill fire between 300° and 350°.
- Turn pork chops and continue to cook another 8 - 10 minutes with the lid closed.
- Check with a digital thermometer, cooking until internal temperature reaches 140°.
- Remove pork chops from grill and allow to rest 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Recipe can be cut in half for 4 pork chops.
Store leftover pork chops in an airtight container or wrapped in foil in the refrigerator up to 4 days.
Reheat sliced pork chops in a skillet with olive oil over medium heat. Stir occasionally until heated through.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 399Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 132mgSodium: 88mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 41g
Nutritional information is estimated and may not be accurate.
Garlic & Herb Rub Recipe
Garlic and Herb Rub is a savory blend of herbs and spices with a touch of brown sugar that is perfect for grilling pork chops, burgers, steaks and chicken. Simple pantry ingredients will spice up any meal on the grill.
- Ad brown sugar with garlic, onion, rosemary, thyme, basil, smoked paprika, salt, pepper and dry mustard to a bowl.
- Use a fork to mix and break up any clumps of brown sugar.
- Store in an airtight container up to 3 months, stir before using.
Uses: Great for grilling burgers, pork chops, steaks, chicken or vegetables.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 8Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 80mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g
Nutritional information is estimated and may not be accurate.
This rub is increduble! My family loved these pork chops! Thanks for another great recipe!
These pork chops are so tasty and seasoned to perfection! I can't wait to make these again. The family loved this and devoured it!
This rub was incredible, I will be using it for chicken too!! What an awesome and simple recipe, the perfect thing to have in my cupboard.
#these were well seasoned and tender to dine on😛 #delectable