Grilled Garlic and Onion Pork Chops are incredibly flavorful and simple to make for any night of the week. Quick, easy and delicious.
When you are tired of the same dinner menu week after week, try adding some grilled juicy pork chops to the rotation. We have been alternating between these and our Brown Sugar Pork Chops. We just a can't get enough of them.
Ingredients for Garlic and Onion Pork Chops:
- Pork Chops
- Olive Oil
- Brown Sugar
- Granulated Garlic
- Onion Powder
- Ground Rosemary
- Dried Thyme
- Smoked Paprika
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Dry Mustard
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
How to Grill Garlic and Onion Pork Chops:
- Set pork chops out to come to room temperature. Pat dry with paper towels and place on a baking sheet.
- Spray or brush both sides with olive oil.
- Sprinkle rub over both sides of pork chops.
- Prepare a grill fire to about 300° with hickory for smoke flavor.
- Cook pork chops over indirect heat with the grill lid closed for about 10 minutes.
- Flip pork chops and continue to cook with the lid closed until pork chops reach about 140° using a digital thermometer.
- Remove from grill and allow to rest for about 5 minutes.
How to Store and Reheat:
Wrap pork chops in foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 4 days.
To quickly reheat, slice pork chops and cook in a skillet with a bit of olive oil or butter over medium heat. Stir often, cooking until heated through.
How to Keep Pork Chops from Drying Out:
Allow pork to come to room temperature before grilling.
Grill at a lower temperature. We like to grill our pork chops from 300° to 350°. Lower and slower will result in juicy pork chops.
Pork chops cook quickly and the best way to make juicy grilled pork chops is to use a digital thermometer. Pork is cooked through at 145°, so remove your pork chops from the grill at about 140°- 145°. Cooking longer will result in dryer, tougher pork chops.
How Long To Grill Boneless Pork Chops:
Depending on the thickness of your pork chops is how long it will take to cook them. These pork chops were about ¾ inch thick and they cooked in about 15 minutes. Using a digital thermometer is a more accurate guide than going by the total cooking time.
More Pork Chop Recipes to Try:
Lemon Rosemary Pork Chops are seasoned to perfection with delicious herb and lemon flavors. This is one of our all time favorites.
Grilled Italian Pork Chops are marinated with Italian dressing and Mediterranean spices for a quick and easy dinner on the grill.
Onion Thyme Pork Chops are super simple with just a few pantry ingredients, great for busy nights.
Blackened Pork Chops are crazy-good with bold Cajun flavors for a family favorite dinner that everyone loves.
We have made several batches of our sweet garlic and onion rub and have been keeping it on hand for everything from grilled pork chops to baked potatoes.
Add these Garlic and Onion Pork Chops to the menu this week for one of the best tasting meals on the grill.
FOLLOW OUT GRILLING ON SOCIAL MEDIA
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup Sweet Garlic and Onion Rub
- Bring pork chops to room temperature. Pat dry with paper towels and place on a baking sheet.
- Spray or brush with olive oil on both sides.
- Sprinkle dry rub over both sides, pressing the rub into the pork chops.
- Prepare a grill fire to about 350° with hickory for smoke flavor.
- Grill pork chops over indirect fire with the grill lid closed for about 10 minutes. Flip pork chops.
- Continue to cook until pork chops reach about 140° with a digital thermometer.
- Remove from grill and allow to rest about 5 minutes before serving.
Store pork chops wrapped in plastic wrap or foil and refrigerate up to 4 days.
To quickly reheat, slice and place in a skillet with olive oil. Cook over medium heat, stirring often until heated through.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 396Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 120mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 37g
Nutritional information is estimated and may not be accurate.