Sweet Garlic and Onion Rub is a flavorful addition grilled meats. A delicious blend of spices and brown sugar that makes the best steaks, pork chops, chicken, vegetables and more.
This easy dry rub is the best flavor combination of flavors. We have used it to grill pork chops and whole chickens, sprinkled it over baked potatoes and added it to pasta. Actually, we can't get enough of it!
Ingredients for Sweet Garlic and Onion Rub:
- Brown Sugar
- Granulated Garlic
- Onion Powder
- Ground Rosemary
- Dried Thyme
- Smoked Paprika
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Dry Mustard
How to Make Sweet Garlic and Onion Rub:
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and use a large tined fork to combine, breaking up any small clumps of brown sugar.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to use. Best if used within 3 months. Stir with a fork before using to mix it up if brown sugar has set up.
Our Favorite Recipes for Sweet Garlic and Onion Rub:
- We used about 3 tablespoons for a small whole chicken.
- For garlic and onion pork chops we used ¼ cup to season 4 good sized chops.
- Garlic and Onion Ribeyes are always a huge hit and use about 1 tablespoon per steak.
- Sweet Garlic and Onion Ribs will steal the show at your next cookout. So flavorful and delicious.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Tips for Using Dry Rub Seasoning for Grilling:
- Pat your meat dry with paper towels.
- Drizzle meat with olive oil, rubbing into an even coating. We've started using this Oil Sprayer for prepping meat that we are grilling. It actually sprays, not a fine mist and works really well.
- Sprinkle rub over meat and press into the meat before grilling.
- Allow meat to rest about 30 minutes before grilling.
We love using a dry rub for grilling everything from steaks, pork chops to chicken. If you like a spicy kick, give our Best Dry Rub a try. It's sweet with plenty of garlic flavor and a touch of red pepper.
This Sweet Garlic and Onion Rub recipe is the perfect balance of flavors for everything you are grilling. Turn boring chicken and pork chops into something special with delicious garlic and onion flavors.
FOLLOW OUT GRILLING ON SOCIAL MEDIA
FACEBOOK * PINTEREST * INSTAGRAM * TWITTER
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
Sweet Garlic and Onion Rub
Sweet Garlic and Onion Rub is a flavorful addition grilled meats. A delicious blend of spices and brown sugar that makes the best pork chops, chicken, vegetables and more.
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ground rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Add all ingredients to a bowl.
- Use a fork to mix well, breaking up any brown sugar clumps.
- Store in an airtight container in pantry for up to 3 months. Stir before using.
Sprinkle over chicken, pork, beef, fish or vegetables before cooking.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 30Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 532mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information is estimated and may not be accurate.
Can you include measurement so we know the amount of each spice to add
The measurements are found in the recipe card which is at the bottom of the post. There's also a "jump to recipe" button at the top of the post that will take you right to it.
When you say "brown sugar" do you mean soft brown sugar, dark brown sugar,
demerara sugar etc. They all have different flavours and textures. It is a little ambiguous. Thank you.
Light brown sugar is what we use.