Onion Thyme Pork Chops are seasoned with a simple dry rub and grilled with hardwood smoke for the ultimate flavor. Boneless pork chops are one of the easiest dinners you can make on the grill for busy weeknights.
These pork chops get amazing flavor from the onion thyme dry rub that is just a few simple ingredients that you likely have in your pantry. It only takes about 5 minutes to mix it up and prep the chops for grilling.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Ingredients for Onion Thyme Pork Chops:
- Boneless Pork Chops
- Olive Oil
- Brown Sugar
- Onion Flakes
- Dried Thyme
- Granulated Garlic
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Dry Mustard
How to Grill Onion Thyme Pork Chops:
- Set pork chops out to come to room temperature.
- Pat dry with paper towels and place on a baking sheet.
- Mix brown sugar, spices, salt and pepper together in a bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with dry rub on both sides.
- Prepare a grill fire to about 350° with hickory or oak for smoke flavor.
- Cook pork chops over indirect fire with the grill lid closed for about 5 minutes.
- Flip pork chops and continue to cook with the grill closed about 10- 12 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145° using a digital thermometer.
- Remove to a serving tray and rest 10 minutes before serving.
GRILLING FACTS FOR LEMON ROSEMARY PORK CHOPS:
- Grill: Big Green Egg Large
- Heat Source: Hardwood Lump Charcoal
- Wood: Hickory or Oak
- Grill Temperature: 300° - 350°
How to Store and Reheat:
- Store cooled pork chops wrapped in plastic wrap or foil and refrigerate up to 4 days.
- Slice pork chops to reheat in a skillet with olive oil over medium heat. Cook about 4- 5 minutes, stirring often until heated through.
TIPS FOR JUICY PORK CHOPS:
Pork chops can be dry and bland and it's usually because of being over cooked. The digital thermometer is your best friend for knowing exactly when the pork chops are cooked through.
Pork chops are cooked through at 145°. You can pork chops from the grill at about 140° if you like and they will come up to temperature after resting for about 10 minutes. Also, cooking over a medium-low fire will help keep the pork chops tender and juicy.
More Delicious Grilled Pork Chops:
Lemon Rosemary Pork Chops is a filled with lemon and herb flavors that pairs perfectly with the pork. Add in some hardwood smoke for an amazing dinner.
Brown Sugar Pork Chops are a huge favorite for a quick and delicious weeknight dinner that will have the whole family running to the dinner table.
Orange BBQ Pork Chops are slathered in a sweet and tangy sauce that is almost addictive. This is one of my all time favorites on the grill.
Cooking outside makes dinner cleanup so easy and we like to grill at least 4- 5 times a week. Pork chops are on the menu quite often and this recipe is going on the regular rotation. It hit all of the marks for being quick, easy and delicious!
Add these Onion Thyme Pork Chops to your grilling menu this week. The savory flavors and hardwood smoke really elevate the tender and juicy pork chops.
FOLLOW OUT GRILLING ON SOCIAL MEDIA
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
Onion Thyme Pork Chops are seasoned with a simple dry rub and grilled with hardwood smoke for the ultimate flavor.
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Bring pork chops to room temperature. Pat dry with paper towels and place on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil on both sides.
- In a bowl, combine brown sugar, onion flakes, thyme, garlic, salt, pepper and dry mustard together.
- Sprinkle rub over both sides, pressing the rub into the pork chops.
- Prepare a grill fire to about 350° with hickory for smoke flavor.
- Grill pork chops over indirect fire with the grill lid closed for about 5 minutes. Flip pork chops.
- Continue to cook until pork chops reach about 140° with a digital thermometer.
- Remove from grill and allow to rest about 10 minutes before serving.
Store pork chops wrapped in plastic wrap or foil and refrigerate up to 4 days.
To quickly reheat, slice and place in a skillet with olive oil. Cook over medium heat, stirring often until heated through.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 421Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 1180mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 37g
Nutritional information is estimated and may not be accurate.