Dr Pepper Jalapeño BBQ Chicken Tenders are quick and easy with plenty of sweet and spicy barbecue flavor. Great for a busy weeknights or a great addition to a weekend cookout.
If you are in need of ideas to switch up the same old dinner routine, give these bbq chicken tenders a try. Serve them up with grilled corn on the cob and garlic bread or this sesame pasta salad.
Ingredients for Dr Pepper Jalapeño Chicken Tenders:
- Chicken Tenders ~ My pick for a quick dinner, boneless chicken thighs are also a great choice.
- Brown Sugar ~ The base of the dry rub that caramelizes onto the grilled chicken pieces.
- Granulated Garlic ~ A must have flavor for grilled chicken.
- Onion Powder ~ Pairs perfectly with the garlic for a delicious dry rub.
- Green Chile Powder ~ Adds a bit of spice and delicious flavor that compliments the barbecue sauce. Substitute red chili powder if desired.
- Dried Thyme ~ A great savory herb for chicken.
- Smoked Paprika ~ Smoky and delicious depth of flavor for any grilling rub.
- Kosher Salt ~ Coarse flake salt.
- Black Pepper ~ Coarse ground.
- Dry Mustard ~ Adds savory flavor.
- Dr Pepper Jalapeño BBQ Sauce ~ Sticky sweet sauce with a bit of jalapeño kick. Great for grilling.
- Green Onions ~ Optional garnish.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
How to Grill Dr Pepper Jalapeño Chicken Tenders:
- Prepare a grill fire to about 300° with hickory or oak for smoke flavor.
- Mix dry rub together.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels and sprinkle with dry rub on both sides.
- Place chicken over indirect fire and cook with the grill lid closed for about 7 - 10 minutes.
- Brush chicken with bbq sauce and flip.
- Then brush with sauce on the other side and continue to cook another 5- 10 minutes, using a digital thermometer, cooking to 165°.
- Remove from grill to a platter. Garnish with sliced green onions if desired. Allow to rest about 5 minutes before serving.
BBQ chicken tenders make a great sandwich and we love to top them with creamy coleslaw and extra bbq sauce.
Grilling Facts for BBQ Chicken Tenders:
- Grill: Big Green Egg Large
- Heat Source: Hardwood Lump Charcoal
- Wood: Hickory or Oak
- Grill Temperature: 300°
How to Store and Reheat:
Store cooled chicken tenders wrapped in plastic wrap or foil in the refrigerator up to 4 days.
Reheat in a skillet with additional bbq sauce over medium heat, stirring until heated through.
More Delicious Grilled Chicken Recipes:
Brown Sugar Chicken Tenders are always a family favorite. Made with our Best Dry Rub for a quick and delicious dinner for any night of the week.
Grilled Peach BBQ Chicken Tenders are smoky and flavorful with sticky sweet peach bbq sauce that is easy to make at home.
Smoked Sausage Chicken and Potato Kabobs are a complete meal on a stick. These kabobs are a cookout favorite with delicious smoky flavor.
Dr Pepper Jalapeño Chicken Tenders were a big hit with our family and are a must- try to add to your dinner plans.
Dr Pepper Jalapeno BBQ Chicken Tenders
Dr Pepper Jalapeño BBQ Chicken Tenders are quick and easy with plenty of sweet and spicy barbecue flavor.
- 2 ½ pounds chicken tenders
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons green chile powder
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup Dr Pepper Jalapeno BBQ Sauce
Prepare a grill fire to 300° with hickory or oak for smoke flavor.
Pat chicken dry with paper towels and place on a baking sheet.
In a bowl, mix brown sugar, garlic, onion powder, green chile powder, thyme, smoked paprika, salt, pepper and dry mustard together.
Sprinkle over chicken tenders on both sides.
Cook chicken over indirect fire with the grill closed for about 7 - 10 minutes.
Brush with sauce and flip chicken tenders, brushing again with sauce.
Continue to cook for 5 - 10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165° with a digital thermometer.
Remove from grill and allow to rest about 5 minutes before serving.
Store cooled chicken wrapped in foil or plastic wrap in the refrigerator up to 4 days.
Reheat in a skillet with additional bbq sauce over medium heat, stirring often until heated through.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 622Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 87mgSodium: 1930mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 36g
Nutritional information is estimated and may not be accurate.
Leave a Reply