Rosemary Garlic Grilled Chicken is a tender and delicious whole chicken recipe that is perfect for a family dinner and tasty enough to serve for company. A simple brine keeps the chicken moist and juicy while it cooks.
Smoked chicken has become one of our go-to meals on the grill. It's so easy to batch cook whole chickens and have them to prepare easy dinners throughout the week.
Ingredients for Rosemary Garlic Chicken:
- Kosher Salt
- Garlic Cloves
- Whole Chicken
- Olive Oil
- Fine Ground Rosemary
- Granulated Garlic
- Kosher Salt & Pepper
How to Brine Whole Chicken:
- Mix warm water and kosher salt together until salt is fully dissolved.
- Place chicken in a large bowl or pan.
- Pour salt water over chicken making sure chicken is fully covered.
- Add wedges of fresh lemon, rosemary sprigs, sliced garlic cloves and peppercorns.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour to 4 hours.
- Drain Chicken well and pat dry with paper towels.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
How to Grill Rosemary Garlic Chicken:
- Prepare a grill fire to about 350° with hickory wood for smoke flavor.
- Melt butter in a small pan and remove from heat. Add olive oil, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Place chicken on a sheet pan.
- Use an injector to inject herb butter into the breast of the chicken and thigh areas.
- Use remaining butter and inject under the skin.
- Place chicken on the grill over indirect heat.
- Cook with the grill closed for about 1 hour or until internal temperature reaches 165° with a digital thermometer. Stick the thermometer in the thick part of the thigh near the bone to test.
- Remove chicken from grill and allow to rest 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
How to Store and Reheat:
Leftover chicken can be removed from the bones and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 4 days.
Grilled chicken can be frozen in 2 layers of plastic wrap and 1 layer of foil or in a vacuum sealed bag up to 3 months. Thaw in refrigerator.
We generally brine and cook 3 chickens at once. It is just as simple as cooking 1 and then we have so many options for making quick and easy dinners throughout the week.
Recipes Ideas for Leftover Grilled Chicken:
Grilled chicken makes fantastic pasta dinners like cheesy chicken spaghetti. We also love to mix it with orange bbq sauce and serve it over rice with steamed broccoli. Make bbq chicken sandwiches using our homemade bbq sauce. We also love it in Chicken Pot Pie Soup.
Keep the carcass from grilled (or rotisserie) chickens and make homemade chicken broth. It's easy to freeze and have on hand for soups and casseroles.