Shrimp Boil Packet on the grill is a flavorful meal that comes together so easily. A foil packet filled with potatoes, onions, corn, shrimp and smoked sausage with Old Bay seasoned butter. Great for any night of the week and perfect for entertaining.
If you are a fan of the classic Cajun shrimp boil, this is a must-try recipe. Cooked completely on the grill in a foil packet, all of the flavors meld together for a tasty meal.
PIN IT TO PINTEREST NOW!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Ingredients for Shrimp Boil Packet:
- Olive Oil
- Corn on the Cob
- Smoked Sausage
- Kosher Salt
- Old Bay Seasoning (Found in the spice isle or from Amazon) common in many seafood dishes.
How to Make Shrimp Boil Packet:
- Prepare a grill fire to about 350°.
- Make a large foil packet from heavy duty foil.
- Scrub potatoes and cut into wedges.
- Slice onion thin.
- Cut corn into 2 inch chunks.
- Place in a bowl and drizzle with oil.
- Pour melted butter over potatoes, onions and corn.
- Sprinkle with salt and Old Bay Seasoning.
- Toss mixture to coat completely.
- Layer potatoes in the bottom of the packet, top with onions and corn.
- Seal packet.
- Cook over indirect heat with the grill lid closed about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, thaw shrimp, peel and devein and slice smoked sausage.
- Remove from grill and carefully open the packet, it will steam.
- Top potatoes, onions and corn with shrimp and smoked sausage. Spoon the seasoned butter from the bottom of the packet over the shrimp and sausage.
- Reseal packet, add an additional layer of foil if needed.
- Return to the grill and cook with the lid closed 20 minutes.
- Carefully open the foil -watch for steam and check packet for doneness. If shrimp is still opaque, continue to cook with the packet open for a few more minutes. Internal temperature of shrimp with a digital thermometer will be 145° when cooked through.
- Remove from grill to a sheet pan. Completely open foil.
- Garnish with fresh lemon wedges and parsley.
- Serve immediately with Grilled Garlic Bread for a family favorite dinner and enjoy the easy cleanup!
- Make 4 packets and divide ingredients into each packet for individual servings.
- Use any smoked sausage that you have on hand. We used our homemade brisket smoked sausage, andouille is wonderful too.
- Make it spicier by adding Blackened Seasonings or additional chili flakes.
- Mix in sliced bell peppers or zucchini with the corn and potatoes.
- Potatoes and corn can be precooked on the stove top if desired. Make foil packets with shrimp, sausage, butter and seasonings. Grill for 20 minutes.
- Packets can be baked in a 375° oven following the same directions.
How to Store and Reheat:
Store leftovers in an a zip top bag or airtight container in refrigerator up to 3 days.
Reheat in a skillet with a few tablespoons of butter. Cover and cook over low heat about 5- 8 minutes.
FOLLOW OUT GRILLING ON SOCIAL MEDIA
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
Shrimp Boil Packet is filled with potatoes, onions, corn, shrimp and smoked sausage with Old Bay seasoned butter.
- 1 pound russet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into wedges
- 2 ears corn on the cob, sliced into 2 inch chunks
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced for garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Prepare a grill fire to350°.
- Make a large foil packet.
- Place potato wedges, onions and corn in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Top with melted butter and sprinkle with Old bay and salt. Toss until completely coated.
- Pour into foil packet, arranging potatoes on the bottom, topped with onions and corn on top. Seal the packet.
- Cook over indirect heat with grill closed for 30 minutes.
- Remove from grill to a sheet pan and carefully open, watching for steam.
- Top with shrimp and smoked sausage. Reseal the packet and add another layer of foil if needed.
- Return to grill and cook with the lid closed another 20 minutes.
- Carefully open foil and check shrimp with a digital thermometer. Cook with the packet open until shrimp reaches 145°.
- Remove from grill to a sheet pan.
- Pull foil all of the way open and garnish with sliced lemons and parsley.
- Serve immediately.
Can be divided into 4 individual packets and cooked with the same directions.
Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container up to 3 days.
Reheat in a skillet with a few tablespoons of butter, covered over medium heat until heated through, about 5-10 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 746Total Fat: 49gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 335mgSodium: 3293mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 5gSugar: 6gProtein: 38g
Nutritional information is estimated and may not be accurate.