Garlic Butter Grilled Fish with Zucchini Noodles is a quick and easy dinner to make any night of the week. A healthy and filling dinner that the entire family will love.
We hear that we should all be eating more fish and our favorite way to enjoy it is on the grill. Don't be intimidated by grilling fish! It is seriously simple and great for busy weeknights.
Fish is often my pick for dinner when I forget to plan ahead. If you have frozen filets, they can be thawed by the time you get your grill going.
PIN IT TO PINTEREST NOW!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
This summer, we have been trying all kinds of new ways to use our garden produce and one of our favorites for the zucchini and summer squash is to make noodles! They are so simple to make. My handy vegetable chopper (that is seriously affordable and saves so much time) came with a spiral attachment. So you don't have to have one of those expensive spiralizers to give this a try.
How to Make Garlic Butter Grilled Fish:
- Preheat the grill to 300°. We recommend oak or pecan wood for smoking fish.
- Pat fish filets dry and place on a baking pan.
- Prepare the garlic butter by combining butter, fresh minced or grated garlic and chopped herbs of your choice. We used parsley for this recipe. Thyme, dill, basil or rosemary would also be delicious.
- Place fish over indirect heat, using a grill pan if you are nervous about the fish sticking to the grill. If your fish has skin, always place the skin side down.
- Brush the fish with garlic butter.
- Close the grill lid and cook about 8 - 10 minutes. Check fish with a digital thermometer and cook until it reaches 145°. Fish should be flaky when it is cooked through.
- Remove from grill and place on a baking sheet.
Fish cooks quickly so you will want to prepare your zucchini noodles while your grill is getting hot.
How to Make Zucchini Noodles:
- Cut zucchini and/or yellow squash into spiralized noodles. You could also use a vegetable peeler and cut into ribbons if preferred.
- Dice onions and sweet peppers (we used banana peppers) and mince garlic.
- Pour olive oil into a skillet and place over medium heat. Add onions, peppers and garlic. Cook 3 minutes.
- Add red wine vinegar, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, thyme, oregano, basil, sugar, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Add zucchini spirals and cook until softened, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and keep warm until fish is ready.
- Serve grilled fish over zucchini noodles.
We used sablefish or black cod for this recipe. Any firm white fish will work. We also love halibut, cod and catfish cooked with the same method and recipe.