Grilled Salmon with garlic and herb glaze is a flavorful meal to make any night of the week. A quick and easy dinner that your entire family will enjoy.
Grilling fish might seem intimidating but it's actually quite simple. Using pecan wood for smoke flavor is the perfect compliment to the sweet and savory glazed salmon.
PIN IT TO PINTEREST NOW!
Ingredients for Garlic and Herb Glaze for Grilled Salmon:
- Malt Vinegar or Apple Cider Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Brown Sugar
- Fresh Garlic
- Dried Rosemary
- Dried Thyme
- Salt & Pepper
- Red Pepper Flakes
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
How to Grill Salmon:
- Mix glaze together in a small saucepan and heat just until sugars are dissolved. Set aside until room temperature.
- Remove salmon from packaging and pat dry with paper towels.
- Prepare a grill fire to about 400° with pecan wood for smoke flavor.
- Brush the skin side of the salmon with olive oil.
- Place salmon skin side down on the grill and brush with glaze.
- Cook with the lid closed, basting with more glaze every 5 minutes.
- Use a digital thermometer and cook until internal temperature reaches about 135°.
- Remove from the grill and rest 10 minutes before serving.
How to Store and Reheat:
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 days.
Reheat in a covered skillet with 2 tablespoons water over medium heat, about 5 minutes.
TIPS FOR GRILLED SALMON:
- Grill salmon skin side down. The skin will protect the flesh from sticking to the grill and cooking too fast.
- There is no need to flip the salmon, it will cook through without being flipped.
- A grill pan is great for fish, especially if you have wide grates.
- Smoke flavor is a wonderful compliment for salmon. Try pecan or oak for amazing flavor.
- The USDA recommends cooking fish to 145°. If you prefer your salmon cooked to medium, grill to 130°.
We received a sample box of Wild Alaskan Coho Salmon, Pacific Cod and Sablefish from Sitka Salmon Shares. Find out more about how Community Supported Fishery delivery works and get Wild Alaskan fish and seafood delivered contactless to your door.
The salmon we received was premium quality, much better than any box service or fish that we can purchase locally. We were very impressed with the texture and flavor of each variety and highly recommend Sitka Salmon Shares.
Right now, Sitka Salmon Shares is offering $25 off any box (some exceptions apple) for our readers, just use the code MITK to receive $25.00 off of your purchase and as an affiliate we earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Sitka Salmon Shares Story
Sitka Salmon Shares is built around a humble collective of committed fishermen that put quality first, handling fish one at a time, with respect and care. It’s their livelihood, afterall, and many of our fishermen have been using these highly selective, small-batch fishing methods for generations. Read on to know your fishermen—from how they got started, why they love life on the open water and why they are part of Sitka Salmon Shares.