Grilled Cod with a flavorful garlic glaze is a healthy and delicious meal to add to your dinner menu. Just a few simple ingredients in this easy grilled fish recipe!
We typically think of cod as being deep fried but it is so easy to grill and it is so flavorful and delicious. I’ve always been a fan of the crispy fried fish from Long John Silvers and I always drench it in malt vinegar.
We took those delicious flavors and turned it into a much healthier version! If you are looking for an easy dinner idea, give this grilled cod a try. You might also like this Grilled Sablefish recipe that is incredibly easy and delicious. Our family also loves this Grilled Salmon for a quick and easy weeknight meal.
How to Grill Cod:
- Make glaze in a small sauce pan by combining brown sugar, malt vinegar, black pepper, garlic and salt. Bring mixture to a boil and then lower to simmer.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Glaze can be made a day in advance and refrigerated until ready to grill.
- Pour glaze over cod in a bowl and toss to coat.
- Prepare a grill fire to 300° with pecan or oak.
- Place fish on a grill pan over indirect heat on your grill. Brush with glaze and close the lid.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes, until fish reaches 145° internal temperature. Cod will be flaky.
- Substitute red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar for malt vinegar if you prefer it or need a gluten free option.
- Malt vinegar adds a really unique flavor but it’s not overpowering as you might expect. The brown sugar balances out the sharp vinegar and combines well with the garlic and black pepper.
- We have also used this same glaze on Grilled Salmon and it was a huge hit.
We have partnered with Sitka Salmon Shares for spring and summer. We are an affiliate partner, meaning we will make a small amount through your purchase at no extra expense to you.
We love knowing where our food comes from and supporting small business. Sitka Salmon Shares are wild-caught from the pristine waters of Southeast Alaska and the North Pacific and delivered.
Sitka Salmon Shares Story
Sitka Salmon Shares is built around a humble collective of committed fishermen that put quality first, handling fish one at a time, with respect and care. It’s their livelihood, afterall, and many of our fishermen have been using these highly selective, small-batch fishing methods for generations. Read on to know your fishermen—from how they got started, why they love life on the open water and why they are part of Sitka Salmon Shares.
Ten seasons ago we set out to “do salmon differently.” At that time, doing things differently seemed simple. We brought blast-frozen, wild-caught Alaskan salmon directly from a few small-boat fishermen to members of our Community Supported Fishery (CSF) in the Midwest. In return, our members got higher-quality fish than they could find at a grocery store while supporting community-centered, small-boat fishermen who harvested their fish one-at-a-time on hook-and-line.
Sitka Salmon Shares are wild-caught from the pristine waters of Southeast Alaska and the North Pacific and delivered right to your door with no contact delivery.
Sitka Salmon Shares is offering $25 off any box (except Taste of Summer Share) for our readers, just use the code MITK to receive $25.00 off of your purchase.
Best Side Dishes for Grilled Fish:
Grilled Cod with a flavorful glaze is a healthy and delicious meal to add to your dinner menu. Just a few simple ingredients in this easy grilled fish recipe!
- 16 ounces Cod Filets, cut into 3 inch strips
- 1/3 cup malt vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Prepare glaze by mixing brown sugar, malt vinegar, black pepper, garlic and salt.
- Place over medium- high heat and bring mixture to a boil. Lower to simmer and cook 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Glaze can be made a day in advance and refrigerated until ready to grill.
- Prepare a grill fire to 300° with pecan or oak for smoke flavor.
- Pat cod filets dry with paper towels and place in a bowl and cover with glaze. Toss to coat.
- Place fish on a grill pan.
- Place grill pan on grill, over indirect heat and brush with glaze. Cook with lid closed about 10- 12 minutes or until cod reaches 145° internal temperature. Cod will be flaky.
- Remove from grill and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 230Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 232mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 0gSugar: 25gProtein: 28g
Nutritional information is calculated and may not be accurate.