Dr Pepper Jalapeño BBQ Sauce is a great sauce for grilling. A sweet and tangy sauce with just a bit of heat from chopped jalapeños!
Ingredients for Dr Pepper Jalapeño BBQ Sauce:
- Dr Pepper
- Brown Sugar
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Onion Flakes
- Granulated Garlic
- Smoked Paprika
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Dry Mustard
- Minced Pickled Jalapeños
How to Make Dr Pepper Jalapeño Sauce:
- In a saucepan, add Dr Pepper and place over medium-high heat. Cook 10 minutes, until slightly reduced.
- Remove from heat, add ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, spices, salt and pepper.
- Return to medium heat and whisk until brown sugar is dissolved. Bringing mixture to a boil.
- Lower to simmer and continue to cook, whisking often for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add jalapeños.
- Stir to combine. Cool slightly.
- Store sauce in covered jars in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.
If you like a really spicy sauce, feel free to add more diced jalapeños. We like the flavor but not too much heat, so adjust to your own preferences. Of course if you aren't a fan of jalapeños, just leave them out.
More Homemade BBQ Sauce Recipes:
Sweet and Tangy BBQ Sauce is one of our go-to recipes for grilling. It's the perfect balance of sweet with the tangy flavor of apple cider vinegar, lots of garlic and a black pepper kick.
Orange BBQ Sauce has been described as needing a warning label because it's so addicting. We could literally eat this stuff on everything!
Homemade BBQ Sauce is a classic Memphis style sauce with a ketchup and beer base. It's sticky sweet with a delicious balance of spices. Great for grilling or dipping.
Add this Dr Pepper Jalapeño BBQ Sauce a try to your weekend grilling plans or just mix up a batch to have on hand. It will add tons of flavor to your favorite barbecue and grilled meats.
FOLLOW OUT GRILLING ON SOCIAL MEDIA
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
Dr Pepper Jalapeño BBQ Sauce is a great sauce for grilling. A sweet and tangy sauce with just about of heat from chopped jalapeños!
- 12 ounces Dr Pepper
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ⅓ cup minced pickled jalapeños
- Add Dr Pepper to a saucepan and cook over medium-high heat, bringing to a boil. Cook 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in ketchup, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, onion flakes, granulated garlic, smoked paprika, salt, pepper and dry mustard.
- Return to medium heat, whisking until brown sugar is dissolved. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer and cook another 5 minutes, whisking often.
- Remove from heat, stir in jalapenos and cool slightly.
- Store in mason jars with lids in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.
Brush over grilled meats or use as a dipping sauce.
Add more Jalapeños if you like a really spicy sauce or leave them out if you prefer.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 23Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 116mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 0g
Nutritional information is estimated and may not be accurate.