Sweet and Tangy BBQ Sauce is a quick and easy homemade sauce for grilling or dipping. It’s thick and rich with tons of garlic, molasses and a tangy apple cider vinegar kick.
Ingredients for Sweet and Tangy BBQ Sauce:
- brown sugar
- apple cider vinegar
- Worcestershire sauce
- liquid smoke
- fresh minced garlic
- dried onion flakes
- black pepper
- chili powder
- kosher salt
- dry mustard
- smoked paprika
How to Make Sweet and Tangy BBQ Sauce:
- In a heavy bottom sauce pan, add all of the ingredients.
- Whisk to combine.
- Cook over medium heat bringing mixture to a boil.
- Lower to simmer and cook 15 minutes. Mixture will continue to bubble, stir often.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 months.
Best Recipes for Sweet and Tangy BBQ Sauce:
Grilled BBQ Chicken is the most tender, juicy and delicious grilled chicken basted with our sweet and tangy bbq sauce for a family favorite meal that is literally finger-licking-good!
This recipe for Grilled BBQ Pork Chops is a classic dinner to make on the grill. Smoky pork chops glazed with barbecue sauce and topped with a grilled pineapple.
Cheddar Stuffed Meatloaf is an epic comfort food meal made on the grill. Ground beef stuffed with tons of cheddar cheese that gets so smoky and delicious on the grill. We finish it off with sweet bbq sauce for the best meatloaf you have ever tried.
Back before the days of blogging, we owned our own barbecue sauce business. We sold it to focus on other things but we still enjoy coming up with new flavor combinations for grilling.
This sweet and tangy sauce is our go- to sauce for classic meals on the grill. It’s really thick and hearty and coats the meat really well. Made with just a few pantry ingredients that you likely already have on hand and it comes together in about 20 minutes.
Our sauce recipe yields about 2 jars that will keep up to 3 months in the refrigerator but I am willing to guess that it won’t last that long.
FOLLOW OUT GRILLING ON SOCIAL MEDIA
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
Sweet and Tangy BBQ Sauce is a quick and easy homemade sauce for grilling or dipping. It's thick and rich with tons of garlic, molasses and a tangy apple cider vinegar kick.
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Add all ingredients to a heavy saucepan and place over medium heat.
- Whisk to combine and stir frequently, bringing mixture to a boil.
- Lower to simmer and cook for about 15 minutes, continuing to stir often.
- Cool to room temperature and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 months.
Baste over grilled burgers, pork chops, ribs or chicken. Great as a dipping sauce.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 53Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 227mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 12gProtein: 0g
Nutritional information is estimated and may not be accurate.