This easy homemade bbq sauce starts with a jar of pineapple preserves and comes together in about 10 minutes. So simple and delicious to use as a grilling sauce or for dipping.
Years ago, we owned our own barbecue sauce company and creating new products was always our favorite challenge. It's still fun to get in the kitchen and experiment with new flavor combinations. This combination of pineapple, ginger and garlic makes this sauce the perfect compliment to grilled meats.
PIN IT TO PINTEREST NOW!
Ingredients for Pineapple BBQ Sauce:
- Olive Oil
- Minced Garlic
- Pineapple Preserves
- Brown Sugar
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Dry Mustard
- Ground Ginger
- Kosher Salt
- Chili Flakes
If you haven't tried pineapple preserves before, you will find them in the grocery isle with all of the jams and jellies. It makes the perfect base for this sauce.
How to Make Pineapple BBQ Sauce:
- Add olive oil to a saucepan with minced garlic. Cook over low heat for about 2 minutes.
- Add pineapple preserves, brown sugar, cider vinegar, dry mustard, ground ginger and salt.
- Mix in ketchup and Worcestershire sauce.
- Whisk to combine and raise heat to medium and bring to a boil.
- Cook 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Stir in chili flakes.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
How Long will it Keep?
If refrigerated in an airtight container, pineapple bbq sauce will stay fresh up to 3 months. You may need to stir before using.
More BBQ Sauce Recipes to Try:
Peach BBQ Sauce is sweet and delicious for chicken, pork chops and crazy good over baby back ribs.
We have made this pineapple bbq sauce twice in the last week, we just can't get enough of it. We used it to make grilled Pineapple BBQ Pork Chops and Pineapple Shrimp. Both were crazy delicious meals.
If you love trying new barbecue sauces, give this easy Pineapple BBQ Sauce a try. It will add new and delicious flavors to your next meal on the grill!
FOLLOW OUT GRILLING ON SOCIAL MEDIA
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
Pineapple BBQ Sauce is a sweet and tangy homemade sauce that is great for grilling chicken, pork or shrimp. It's also the best dipping sauce for your favorite deep fried foods.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 18 oz Pineapple Preserves
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- Drizzle olive oil into a saucepan and add minced garlic. Cook over low heat about 2 minutes.
- Stir in pineapple preserves, ketchup, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, ground ginger and salt.
- Raise heat to medium and whisk until well combined. Bring mixture to a boil and cook 2 minutes, whisking often.
- Remove from heat and whisk in chili flakes.
- Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 3 months.
Serving Size:2 tablespoons
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 112Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 128mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 3gSugar: 21gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information is estimated and may not be accurate.