Apricot BBQ Sauce is a sweet and tangy sauce that makes a great addition to anything on the grill. It comes together in about 15 minutes and is easy to keep on hand for all of your grilling and dipping favorites.
Sweet and tangy barbecue sauces are always a favorite at our house and we are always trying new flavor combinations. This apricot sauce has been on the menu twice already this week and I'm ready to make another batch.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Ingredients for Apricot BBQ Sauce:
- Apricot Preserves
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Real Cane Syrup or molasses
- Whiskey, optional
- Onion Flakes
- Granulated Garlic
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Ground Red Pepper
How to Make Apricot BBQ Sauce:
- In a saucepan, combine apricot preserves, apple cider vinegar, pure cane syrup, whiskey, onion flakes, granulated garlic, kosher salt, black and red pepper.
- Whisk together and cook over medium heat, bringing mixture to a boil.
- Lower to simmer and cook 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Set aside to cool.
How To Store BBQ Sauce:
Store Apricot BBQ Sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use. Will keep up to 3 months. Stir before using.
We had baby back ribs on hand, so we made Apricot BBQ Ribs and they were absolutely amazing. Tender, juicy and so flavorful with the homemade sauce.
Apricot BBQ Sauce is great for grilling ribs, pork chops, chicken and more. It's also a favorite dipping sauce. It's so good that you'll be eating it on everything.
More BBQ Sauce Recipes to Try:
Grab a jar or two of apricot preserves the next time you go grocery shopping and give this easy apricot bbq sauce a try. It' is sure to become a staple for all of your backyard cookouts.
FOLLOW OUT GRILLING ON SOCIAL MEDIA
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
Apricot BBQ Sauce is a sweet and tangy sauce that makes a great addition to anything on the grill.
- 18 ounces apricot preserves
- ¼ cup real cane syrup or molasses
- ¼ cup whiskey, optional
- ⅛ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- Place a saucepan over medium heat and add apricot preserves, cane syrup, whiskey, apple cider vinegar, onion flakes, garlic, salt, black pepper and red pepper.
- Whisk and bring the mixture to a boil. Lower to simmer and cook for about 5 minutes, continuing to stir.
- Remove from heat.
- Cool before placing in an airtight container and refrigerating.
- Refrigerate up to 3 months.
- Stir before using.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 65Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 115mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 0g
Nutritional information is estimated and may not be accurate.