BBQ Mop Sauce is a quick and easy sauce to use for a marinade and to mop over pork, chicken or beef as you grill it. It’s a thin, vinegar based sauce that adds amazing flavor and helps tenderize the meat.
Sweet and Tangy BBQ Sauce is our favorite for a thick, sweet and sticky grilling sauce but sometimes we want a more savory sauce that lets the flavor of the meat shine through.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Ingredients for BBQ Mop Sauce:
- Real Cane Syrup
- V8 Juice
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Spicy Brown Mustard
- Hot Sauce
What is Real Cane Syrup?
Cane syrup is boiled sugar cane juice and molasses is what you get when the sugar granules are removed to make granulated sugar. It’s not quite as sweet as molasses but has the same flavor profile.
We found pure cane syrup in the local grocery store (find it on Amazon) in the jelly isle. It is great for grilling marinades and bbq sauce.
How to Make BBQ Mop Sauce:
- In a saucepan, add real cane syrup, V8 juice, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, spicy brown mustard and hot sauce.
- Whisk together and cook over medium heat until sauce comes to a low boil. Cook about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks. Stir before using.
Uses for BBQ Mop Sauce:
- Best Marinated Pork Chops ~ For the most tender, juicy and flavorful pork chops, marinate in bbq mop sauce. Then as the pork chops are grilled they are mopped with sauce to create a wonderful glaze that perfectly compliments the smoky pork.
- Grilled Spare Ribs with Mop Sauce ~ One of the best rib recipes that we’ve ever made. We marinated the spare ribs and then grilled until tender, using the bbq mop sauce to glaze the ribs over indirect heat.
- Marinate chicken, short ribs or chuck roast. This Mop Sauce is so delicious, you’ll be trying it on everything.
More Homemade BBQ Sauces for Grilling:
Add this BBQ Mop Sauce to your grilling menu this week. It’s sure to be a favorite for grilling everything from pork chops to ribs to chicken and beef. The vinegar sauce helps tenderize the meat and adds so much flavor to any meal on the grill.
FOLLOW OUT GRILLING ON SOCIAL MEDIA
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
BBQ Mop Sauce is a quick and easy sauce to use for a marinade and to mop over pork, chicken or beef as you grill it. It's a thin, vinegar based sauce that adds amazing flavor and helps tenderize the meat.
- 1 cup Real Cane Syrup
- 1 cup V8 Juice
- 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Spicy Brown Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Hot Sauce
- In a saucepan, combine real cane syrup, V8 juice, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, spicy brown mustard and hot sauce.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a low boil, stirring often.
- Continue to cook about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Store mop sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 weeks. Stir before using.
Use BBQ Mop Sauce as a marinade for pork, beef or chicken.
Mop sauce over pork chops, ribs, chicken or beef as you grill for a tasty barbecue glaze.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 21Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 23mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 0g
Nutritional information is estimated and may not be accurate.