Cheddar Stuffed Meatloaf is one of the best comfort food meals that you will ever taste. Seasoned ground beef is stuffed with cheddar cheese and coated in our sticky, sweet and tangy barbecue sauce. You are going to want to add this one to the menu this week!
Cooking a meatloaf on the grill takes it to a whole new level of deliciousness and it’s really simple to do. It’s hearty and delicious. Serve it up with creamy mashed potatoes, smoked mac and cheese and yeast rolls for a delicious family meal.
How to Make Cheddar Stuffed Meatloaf:
- In a large bowl combine ground beef with beaten eggs, crushed butter crackers and barbecue sauce.
- Cover a sheet pan with a large sheet parchment paper or butcher paper.
- Pour meatloaf mixture onto paper lined baking sheet and shape.
- Make an indention in the center of the meatloaf and add cubed cheddar cheese.
- Press meatloaf together around the cheese.
- Prepare the grill or smoker to a 300° with hickory wood for smoke flavor.
- Roll the paper around the meatloaf.
- When the grill is ready, carefully unroll the meatloaf onto the grates over indirect heat.
- Close the lid and cook 20 minutes.
- Brush with additional barbecue sauce over top and sides of meatloaf.
- Close the lid and continue to cook until the internal temperature reaches 160°.
- Carefully remove from grill and place on a baking sheet. Allow to rest 10 minutes before slicing.
- Use a grill pan to make it easier to place the meatloaf on the grill and to remove it.
- Provolone, mozzarella or colby-jack cheese are also great for stuffing the meatloaf.
- Use a mixture of ground pork and beef.
- Substitute bread crumbs for cracker crumbs.
- Mix in chopped onions, bell peppers or mushrooms.
- Recipe can be doubled and made into 1 large meatloaf or 2 smaller loaves.
How to Store and Reheat:
Store leftover meatloaf in an airtight container or tightly wrapped with several layers of plastic wrap in refrigerator up to 3 days. Reheat by placing in a baking dish and covering with foil, bake at 350° until heated through.
Slices can be reheated in a skillet with about 1- 2 tablespoons of water. Place over medium- high heat and flip once to heat through on both sides, about 5 – 7 minutes total.
Leftover meatloaf sandwiches are always a favorite at our house but when you cook meatloaf on the grill, leftovers are hard to come by. It’s so delicious that we will double the recipe and make two at a time. If you haven’t tried it yet, add this recipe to your dinner plans.
FOLLOW OUT GRILLING ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
Cheddar Stuffed Meatloaf is one of the best comfort food meals that you will ever taste. Seasoned ground beef is stuffed with cheddar cheese and coated in our sticky, sweet homemade barbecue sauce. You are going to want to add this one to the menu this week!
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup crushed Ritz crackers, about 17 crackers
- 1 1/2 cups sweet and tangy barbecue sauce, divided use
- 4 oz cheddar cheese, sliced into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Place ground beef in a large mixing bowl, add beaten eggs, 1 cup of barbecue sauce and crushed crackers.
- Mix together until well combined.
- To cook direct on the grill: line a pan with parchment paper or butcher paper. Pour mixture onto paper and form into a loaf. Alternately: Form meatloaf on a grill pan that you can just set on the grill.
- Make an indent in the center of the loaf and fill with cheese. Press meat mixture together, sealing over cheese.
- Prepare a grill or smoker to 300° with hickory wood.
- Fold paper into a roll over meatloaf. Gently unroll onto grill or if using grill pan, place over indirect fire.
- Close the lid and cook 30 minutes.
- Brush meatloaf over top and sides with remaining barbecue sauce.
- Continue to cook with the lid closed until internal temperature reaches 160°, about 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove from grill and allow meatloaf to rest 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Recipe can be doubled and made into one large meatloaf or 2 smaller ones.
Store leftovers wrapped tightly with plastic wrap in refrigerator up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 672Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 215mgSodium: 1166mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 1gSugar: 25gProtein: 51g
Nutritional calculation is estimated and may not be accurate.