Chili Burritos make the best meal out of leftover chili. We are using taco size tortillas to make mini chili burritos dipped into the easiest queso! A fantastic appetizer or main dish to try this week.
Turn your leftover chili into a whole new dinner made on the grill. Chili just gets better after a day or two and when wrapped in flour tortillas that are grilled until crispy, it's an absolutely amazing thing you've ever tasted.
Ingredients for Chili Burritos:
- Soft Taco Size Flour Tortillas ~ The perfect size for mini burritos. Of course burrito sized- tortillas will also work, just fill with more chili.
- Leftover Chili ~ We used our leftover smoked chili that we cooked using the "over the top" method. Check it out if you love a hearty chili with lots of smoke flavor.
For the Queso:
- Velveeta ~ Makes the absolute easiest queso or cheese dip as we call it. Use a good cheddar if you prefer.
- RoTel Tomatoes & Green Chilis ~ Hot or mild, your choice. Salsa is a good substitute if you don't have RoTel.
How to Grill Chili Burritos:
- Prepare a grill fire to about 350°. We added a few pecan chunks for smoke flavor.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of chili into the center of each tortilla. Cold chili is going to be easier to roll up than warmed chili. The chili will get hot as the burritos cook on the grill.
- Roll up the tortilla.
- Fold in the ends.
- Secure seam with a toothpick and place on a sheet pan.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Place burritos on the grill and cook with the lid closed about 15- 20 minutes or until tortillas start to crisp.
- Remove from grill.
Prepare the queso:
- Cut Velveeta into chunks.
- Place in a non-stick pan with Rotel.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring until melted and all combined.
- Remove toothpicks from burritos and serve with queso.
How to Store and Reheat:
- Store leftover burritos in a zip top bag in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
- Reheat in 350° oven for about 8 -10 minutes or in an air fryer for about 3- 4 minutes.
- Store queso in an airtight container in refrigerator up to one week.
- Reheat in a non stick pan with about ½ tablespoon of milk. Cook over low heat until melted.
We have always been a big fan of deep fried burritos because they are so crunchy but we loved the grilled burritos even more. With a little smoke flavor and the crunchy shell, we found them irresistible and without all of that grease!
You might also like these Pulled Pork Burritos with rice and beans for a quick dinner.
More Comfort Food To Grill:
Cheesy Bean Dip is one of our favorite grilled appetizers. Great for any get together with friends.
Chili Cheese Tater Tot Casserole is so delicious on the grill with homemade chili and cheesy tots.
Cheddar Stuffed Meatloaf is a classic dinner that the whole family loves. We take traditional meatloaf up a notch or two by stuffing it with plenty of cheddar cheese and top it off with sweet and tangy bbq sauce. It's not your mama's meatloaf!
Smoked Vegetable Beef Soup is so hearty and delicious and gets lots of extra smoky flavor from the smoked stew meat. Great on a cold winter day.
Apple Cider Smoked Chicken is tender, juicy and delicious for a family dinner or entertaining guests. Whole chickens are so easy to brine and smoke on the grill and this one gets amazing flavor from the apple cider marinade.
Mini Grilled Chili Burritos are the ultimate game day or party appetizer. They are also perfect for a fun meal that everyone is sure to love. Our kids couldn't get enough of these burritos, they disappeared in about 2 seconds. Give them a try and let us know what you think.
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
Chili Burritos make the best meal out of leftover chili. We are using taco size tortillas to make mini chili burritos dipped into the easiest queso!
- 16 soft taco sized flour tortillas
- 2 cups chili
- 16 ounces Velveeta
- 1 can 10 oz RoTel Tomatoes and Green Chilis
- Build a grill fire to about 350° - pecan adds great smoke flavor if desired.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of chili into each tortilla. Cold chili will be easier to wrap up than warmed chili.
- Roll each tortilla and fold in the ends. Secure seam with a toothpick and place on a baking sheet.
- Place burritos on the grill over indirect heat with the toothpick side up.
- Cook with the lid closed about 15- 20 minutes or until tortillas become crisp.
- Remove to a serving tray and remove toothpicks.
- Prepare queso by cutting Velveeta into chunks and adding to a non stick pan with RoTel.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring continually until melted and well combined.
- Pour into a bowl and serve burritos with queso.
Store leftovers in an airtight container up to 3 days.
Reheat in 350° oven for about 8- 10 minutes or in an air fryer for about 3- 4 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 688Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 108mgSodium: 2400mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 7gSugar: 9gProtein: 33g
Nutritional information is estimated and may not be accurate.