Jalapeño BBQ Sauce is a sweet and spicy barbecue sauce for grilling or dipping. A quick and easy sauce made with pantry ingredients.
Barbecue sauce could be it's own food group at our house. We love making new flavor combinations for everything on the grill and this spicy version of our sweet and tangy bbq sauce is a definite winner. You might also like our Jalapeño Peach BBQ Sauce for grilling chicken, pork and beef.
Ingredients for Jalapeño BBQ Sauce:
- diced jalapeños (pickled or fresh)
- Worcestershire sauce
- apple cider vinegar
- liquid smoke
- brown sugar
- fresh minced garlic
- dried onion flakes
- black pepper
- chili powder
- kosher salt
- dry mustard
- smoked paprika
How to Make Jalapeño BBQ Sauce:
- Add ketchup to a saucepan with jalapeños, molasses, Worcestershire sauce, apple cider vinegar, and liquid smoke.
- Next, add brown sugar and spices.
- Whisk to combine and cook over medium heat, bringing mixture to a boil.
- Lower to simmer and cook 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 months.
Making homemade barbecue sauce is really simple and can be made with just a simple ingredients. It is a great way to get just the right flavor combination that you are looking for while controlling salt and the level of heat that you desire.
Jalapeño BBQ Sauce is one of our favorites to brush over grilled baby back ribs for sweet and tangy flavor that will rival your favorite bbq joint.
More Homemade BBQ Sauces to Try:
Peach BBQ Sauce is made with peach preserves with lots of garlic and a spicy kick. Great for pork chops, ribs, chicken and more.
Apricot BBQ Sauce is a sweet and tangy sauce that will knock your socks off. Great for grilling chicken, pork chops and ribs.
White BBQ Sauce is a mayonnaise based sauce that is so delicious drizzled over grilled chicken, pulled pork and grilled fish.
FOLLOW OUT GRILLING ON SOCIAL MEDIA
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
Jalapeño BBQ Sauce is a sweet and spicy barbecue sauce for grilling or dipping. A quick and easy sauce to have on hand for burgers, ribs, chicken and more.
- 2 cups ketchup
- ¼ cup diced jalapenos (pickled or fresh)
- ⅓ cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Add ketchup, jalapenos, molasses, Worcestershire sauce, and apple cider vinegar to a saucepan.
- Stir in brown sugar, garlic, onion flakes, black pepper, chili powder, kosher salt, dry mustard and smoked paprika.
- Whisk to combine and cook over medium heat. Stir frequently, bringing mixture to a boil.
- Lower to simmer and cook for about 10 minutes, continuing to stir often.
- Cool to room temperature and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 months.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 53Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 199mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 12gProtein: 0g
Nutritional information is estimated and may not be accurate.