Grilled Prime Rib is the most tender, juicy and flavorful roast beef for your next holiday dinner. Made with a delicious garlic and rosemary crust for a mouthwatering meal that will impress everyone at the table.
The idea of cooking an extravagant prime rib dinner can be intimidating but using our surefire method is so simple. It turns out every single time. Rather you are hosting a small gathering or feeding a crowd, this prime rib recipe is one of the easiest things you'll ever grill.
Ingredients for Grilled Prime Rib:
- Prime Rib Roast
- Olive Oil
- Granulated Garlic
- Kosher Salt
- Coarse Pepper
- Fresh Rosemary
- Fresh Garlic
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
How to Grill Prime Rib:
- Bring roast to room temperature by placing on the counter for a couple of hours before you are ready to grill.
- Prepare a grill fire to 500° with hickory for smoke flavor.
- Rub entire roast with olive oil.
- Season with granulated garlic, salt and pepper, rubbing all over the roast.
- Mince garlic and rosemary and sprinkle over roast, pressing lightly to adhere the herbs to the roast.
- Place over indirect heat and cook with the grill closed for about 20 minutes.
- Lower grill temperature to about 250°and continue to cook for about 20- 25 minutes per pound until desired internal temperature is reached using a digital thermometer. A digital thermometer is a must- have to grill the perfect prime rib and they are very affordable. We cooked ours to about 125°.
- Remove to a cutting board and tent with foil for 20 minutes before slicing. This is crucial to have the juiciest slices of prime rib, don't skip this step. The internal temperature will rise about 10° as it rests.
We love to serve prime rib with a simple homemade horseradish sauce.
INTERNAL TEMPERATURE FOR PRIME RIB ROAST:
- Rare: 120 -125°
- Medium Rare 130 – 135°
- Well Done 140 – 145°
How Long Will Prime Rib Keep?
If you have leftover prime rib, slice as needed. Wrap tightly in several layers of plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Can You Freeze Grilled Prime Rib?
Wrap in 2 layers of plastic wrap and a layer of foil or vacuum seal for the best results. Freeze up to 3 months.
How to Reheat Prime Rib:
Reheat prime rib in a skillet, sear on both sides until heated through over medium heat.
Grilled Side Dishes to Serve with Prime Rib: