Garlic Rosemary Potatoes are made in a foil packet and easy to cook on the grill for a flavorful side dish. These roasted potatoes have become our absolute favorite and the recipe is super simple!
We have always been a steak and potatoes kind of family and these potatoes are the best to go alongside any meal on the grill. The easy cleanup is an added bonus. You might also like our garlic butter baked potatoes that are made on the grill.
PIN IT TO PINTEREST NOW!
Ingredients for Garlic Rosemary Butter:
- Russet Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Garlic
- Fresh Rosemary
- Salt & Pepper
How to Make Foil Packet Garlic Rosemary Potatoes:
- Scrub potatoes and dry thoroughly. Cut into wedges and place in a bowl.
- Heat olive oil and butter together with minced garlic about 2 minutes. Stir in minced rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle garlic and herb mixture over potatoes and toss to coat.
- Make a foil packet using heavy duty foil or 2 layers of regular foil.
- Pour potatoes into packet and drizzle any remaining garlic and herb mixture over potatoes.
- Seal the packet.
- Place the foil packet potatoes onto the grill over indirect heat. Cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove from grill and open carefully, the packet will release steam.
- Toss potatoes with the garlic butter that has settled into the bottom of the packet and serve immediately.
FOLLOW OUT GRILLING ON SOCIAL MEDIA
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
Garlic Rosemary Potatoes are made in a foil packet and easy to cook on the grill for a flavorful side dish.
- 2 pounds russet potatoes
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced rosemary
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat grill to 350°.
- Scrub potatoes and dry well.
- Cut potatoes into wedges and place in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan melt butter with olive oil and minced garlic. Cook over low heat for about 2- 3 minutes until garlic becomes fragrant.
- Remove from heat and mix in rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle over potatoes and mix thoroughly.
- Create a foil packet with heavy duty foil or 2 layers of standard foil.
- Pour potatoes and all of the garlic butter mixture into packet.
- Seal packet and place over indirect heat on the grill.
- Cook with the grill closed for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove from grill and carefully open the packet, watching for steam.
- Toss potatoes with butter mixture in the bottom of the packet and serve immediately.
Store leftover potatoes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Reheat leftover potatoes in olive oil in a skillet. Cut the potatoes into chunks to heat faster. Cook over medium heat for 4- 5 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 265Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 436mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g
Nutritional information is estimated and may not be accurate.