Grilled Orange Beef is a coated in a sticky sweet orange glaze for a new flavorful twist on classic roast beef. Great to served thin sliced for dinner or great to make wraps and sandwiches for lunches.
If you are looking for something new to grill for dinner, this recipe is incredibly delicious. The simple Asian orange glaze adds tons of flavor and pairs really well with a smoked roast beef.
The inspiration for this recipe came from one of our all time favorite take out recipes, Crispy Orange Beef. The flavors are similar and it's sure to be a hit!
PIN IT TO PINTEREST NOW!
How to Make Orange Beef Marinade:
- Add orange juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic, pepper, rosemary and toasted sesame oil to a small saucepan. Place over medium heat and whisk until brown sugar melts.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
How to Make Grilled Orange Beef:
- Pour marinade over roast and use a sharp knife or tenderizer to press the marinade down into the meat.
- Set aside to marinate while you prepare your grill fire to about 300°.
- Place roast over indirect heat and brush with marinade.
- Close the lid and cook for 1 hour to 1 hour 30 minutes or until roast reaches desired doneness.
- We cooked our roast to medium at about 145°. Use a digital thermometer to check internal temperature and your roast will be perfectly cooked. Meat will rise in temperature 5 -10° as it rests.
- Remove from grill to a cutting board and allow to rest about 15 minutes before slicing.
- Slice roast thin as needed.
TEMPERATURE FOR ROAST BEEF:
- 125° Rare
- 135° Medium Rare
- 145° Medium
- 155° Medium Well
- 165° Well Done
How to Store and Reheat Roast Beef:
- Roast beef will stay the freshest tasting if you leave it whole and slice as needed.
- Wrap cooled roast in several layers of plastic wrap and one layer of foil. Refrigerate up to 4 days.
- To reheat, add a few tablespoons of water, orange juice or beef broth to a skillet and add sliced roast. Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until heated through.