Grilled Ham Steaks with a sweet brown sugar and pineapple glaze is a quick and delicious dinner to add to your cookout menu. Great for any night of the week with flavors that everyone will love!
Ham steaks have always been a favorite for a quick dinner and they are even better on the grill! We did a variation of our popular Easy Brown Sugar Glazed Ham for these ham steaks and it was a so flavorful and delicious.
PIN IT TO PINTEREST NOW!
How to Grill Ham Steaks:
- Mix brown sugar with granulated garlic, dry mustard, smoked paprika, thyme, kosher salt and pepper.
- Whisk in pineapple juice.
- Place in a shallow pan and dip ham steaks in glaze, turning to coat both sides. Set aside while you get the grill ready with hickory or oak for smoke flavor.
- Add ham over indirect heat and pour remaining glaze over ham steaks.
- Close the lid and cook for 15- 20 minutes or until ham reaches 145° internal temperature with a digital thermometer.
- Remove from grill and allow to rest 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
What is Ham Steak Made of?
Ham steaks are a slice from a whole ham. Unlike a whole ham, ham steaks are not usually pre-cooked but being pretty thin slices they will cook quickly. Using a digital thermometer will keep you from over cooking and ending up with dry ham.
Easy Side Dishes to Serve with Ham:
Grilled Asparagus and Grilled Corn on the Cob are super easy to grill along with your main dish. Tons of flavor and always a hit with just about everything you grill. We also love to add a side of homemade mac and cheese or a cheesy hashbrown casserole to round out the meal.
Our Maple Glazed Ham is heated on the grill with a tasty glaze that’s perfect for holidays. Ham steaks are a great option when you are just looking for a quick weeknight dinner instead of a holiday feast for the whole clan.
Change up the weeknight dinner routine with these glazed ham steaks on the grill. You won’t find an easier dinner to make. Grilled ham makes amazing leftovers and is easy to prepare with just a few ingredients.
Ham steaks have always been a favorite for a quick dinner and they are even better on the grill! We did a variation of our popular Easy Brown Sugar Glazed Ham for these ham steaks and it was a huge hit.
- 2 ham steaks
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes, optional
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- Mix brown sugar with thyme, salt, garlic, dry mustard, smoked paprika, pepper and chili flakes. Stir in pineapple juice until well combined.
- Pour into a shallow dish and dredge ham steaks through glaze, coating both sides.
- Let ham set in glaze while grill is prepared to a 350° fire with hickory or oak for smoke flavor.
- Place ham steaks over indirect heat. Brush with remaining glaze. Close the lid and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145°.
- Remove from grill and rest 5 minutes before slicing.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 131Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 1246mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 25gProtein: 3g
Nutritional information is estimated and may not be accurate.