Grilled Coca-Cola Chicken is a flavorful and delicious dinner to make on the grill this week! A quick and easy way to cook chicken tenders that the whole family is sure to enjoy!
Coca-Cola isn’t just a tasty beverage, it’s also great for cooking. I’ve used it to make a quick cola bbq sauce and it’s so good in chocolate cake! This easy Coke glaze is just the ticket for making tender and delicious grilled chicken.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
How to Grill Coca-Cola Chicken:
- Pour one can of Coca-Cola or 12 ounces into a small saucepan.
- Whisk in brown sugar, granulated garlic, thyme, salt, pepper and cornstarch.
- Bring to a boil, whisking until thickened.
- Set aside to cool off.
- Place chicken on a sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Prepare a grill fire to about 300° with hickory or oak for smoke flavor.
- Place chicken over indirect heat and cook with the lid closed about 7- 10 minutes. Flip chicken and continue to cook until internal temperature reaches about 140° with a digital thermometer.
- Pour Coca-Cola sauce into a bowl.
- Remove chicken from the grill and toss in Coke sauce.
- Return chicken to grill and brush with remaining sauce in a thick coat.
- Close the grill lid and continue to cook until internal temperature reaches 165°.
- Remove from grill and allow to rest 5 minutes before serving.
We used chicken tenders for this recipe, you can substitute boneless chicken breasts that are cut into strips or boneless chicken thighs and use the same process. Chicken tenders are great for a quick and easy dinner, we also love to them for Honey Garlic Chicken.
Can you Use Bone-In Chicken?
It takes a bit longer to cook bone-in chicken. Cook over indirect heat, low and slow and your sauce will not burn. Using a digital thermometer will insure your chicken is cooked through to 165°.
Easy Side Dishes to Serve with Grilled Chicken:
Grilled Corn on the Cob is an easy side dish to make on the grill. It’s flavorful from the simple garlic butter and has easy cleanup by using a foil packet.
Grilled Asparagus is a quick and easy side dish to make on the grill. The texture and flavor that develops makes it my favorite way to cook it!
Easy Garlic Bread is always a great side to complete a meal on the grill. Add a bit of Italian Seasonings for even more flavor. Toast it in the oven or throw it on the grill for just a few minutes for an easy side dish.
FOLLOW OUT GRILLING ON SOCIAL MEDIA
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
Grilled Coca-Cola Chicken is a flavorful and delicious dinner to make on the grill this week! A quick and easy way to make chicken tenders that the whole family is sure to enjoy!
- 2 pounds chicken tenders
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 ounces Coca-Cola
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Layer chicken tenders onto a sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. Set aside.
Add Coca-Cola to a small pan with brown sugar, garlic, thyme, salt, pepper and cornstarch.
Place over medium-high heat and whisk until well combined. Bring mixture to a boil, continue to whisk until thickened. Set aside to cool off slightly.
Prepare grill fire to about 300° using hickory or oak for smoke flavor.
Place chicken over indirect heat and cook with the lid closed about 8 minutes. Flip chicken and continue to cook until internal temperature reaches about 140°.
Pour Coca-Cola glaze into a bowl and add chicken. Toss to coat.
Return chicken to grill and continue to cook until internal temperature reaches 165°.
Remove from grill and allow to rest 5 minutes before serving.
Substitute boneless chicken breasts or chicken thighs for chicken tenders if desired.
To use bone-in chicken, adjust cooking time and cook to 165° internal temperature using a meat thermometer.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 832Total Fat: 45gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 32gCholesterol: 104mgSodium: 2615mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 3gSugar: 18gProtein: 43g
Nutritional information is estimated and may not be accurate.