Coca- Cola Ham is a classic glazed ham we love to make on the grill that is great for holidays or to make ahead for the week. Made easily with garlic, brown sugar and Coca-Cola for one of the most flavorful and delicious hams that you will ever taste!
Then, it’s the absolute best for making sandwiches throughout the week. You can find the Best Leftover Ham Recipes over on our other site, Miss in the Kitchen.
- 7 -10 pound ham (bone-in shank, butt or spiral sliced)
- Brown Sugar
- Granulated Garlic
- Dried Thyme
- Kosher Salt & Pepper
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
How to Grill Coca-Cola Ham
- Prepare a grill fire to about 350° with hickory for additional smoke flavor.
- Remove ham from packaging and pat dry with paper towels. Set on a baking sheet and allow it to come to room temperature while you prepare the glaze.
- In a saucepan, combine Coca-Cola, brown sugar, cornstarch, garlic, thy, salt and pepper. Whisk together and cook over medium heat until glaze comes to a boil, continue to cook until thickened, whisking often.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Brush glaze all over ham. If the ham is not a spiral sliced, use a knife to pierce all over and force the glaze down into the ham.
- Cook over indirect fire with the grill lid closed for 30 minutes. Brush once more with the glaze.
- Continue to cook until ham reaches 145° internal temperature, with a digital thermometer in the center or near the bone, about 15 minutes per pound total.
- Remove from grill and allow ham to rest 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
How to Store and Reheat Ham:
Store ham wrapped tightly in plastic wrap in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
To freeze ham, remove ham from the bone, wrap in 2 layers of plastic wrap and a layer of foil or place in a plastic freezer bag for up to 3 months. Thaw in refrigerator.
Freeze bone separately using the same method to flavor soup or beans.
Ham can be reheated in at 300° oven, it’s great to fry up in a skillet or add to your favorite casseroles.
Rather you are hosting Easter, Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner, or just feeding a hungry crowd, this Coca-Cola glazed ham is sure to please. Cooking a ham on the grill frees up your kitchen for side dishes and desserts. Add this one to your list to try!
If you love this recipe as much as we do, please leave a comment and a five star review. Be sure to help us share Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram.
A super simple glazed ham that is great on the grill. Easy enough for a family dinner and delicious enough to serve for holidays and celebrations.
- 7 - 10 pound ham, spiral sliced, shank or butt
- 24 ounces Coca-Cola
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- Prepare a grill fire to about 350° with hickory for the best smoke flavor.
- Pat ham dry with paper towels and place on a baking sheet.
- Add Coca-Cola, brown sugar, cornstarch, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper to a saucepan.
- Place over medium heat and whisk until well combined. Bring mixture to a boil and cook, whisking until thickened.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly before glazing ham.
- If the ham is not spiral sliced, use a knife to pierce all over as you apply the glaze.
- Brush glaze on thick.
- Cook over indirect heat with the grill closed about 30 minutes and brush once more with glaze.
- Continue to cook with the lid closed until internal temperature reaches 145° in the center or near the bone. Cook about 15 minutes per pound total.
- Remove from grill and rest 15 minutes before slicing.
Store leftover ham wrapped in several layers of plastic wrap and a layer of foil or in a zip top bag up to 4 days.
Remove ham from bone before freezing. Use the same wrapping method and freeze up to 3 months. Thaw in refrigerator before reheating.
Freeze bone separately for soups or beans.
Reheat ham in a 300° oven or fry slices in a skillet.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 700Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 290mgSodium: 4860mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 0gSugar: 19gProtein: 101g
Nutritional information is estimated and may not be accurate.