Smoked Short Rib Chili is a hearty and filling dinner for game day gatherings or to feed a hungry crowd. Made with slow smoked beef ribs with beans, peppers, onions and garlic with your favorite chili seasonings.
Chili is a family favorite and it seems to disappear in a flash when we make it. This recipe makes a large batch, perfect for leftovers to enjoy later in the week.
PIN IT TO PINTEREST NOW!
Ingredients for Short Rib Chili:
- Beef Short Ribs
- Olive Oil
- Best Dry Rub
- Bell Peppers
- Tomato Sauce
- Chili Powder
- Ground Cumin
- Salt & Pepper
- Red Beans
- Beer or Beef Broth
- Toppings: Shredded cheese, sour cream, sliced jalapeños, Fritos.
How to Smoke Short Ribs:
- Remove short ribs from packaging and pat dry with paper towels.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with the Best Dry Rub.
- Prepare a grill fire to about 300° with hickory or oak wood for smoke flavor.
- Cook ribs over indirect heat with the grill closed for about 1 ½ hours or until internal temperature of ribs reaches 195° with a digital thermometer.
- Remove from grill and cool slightly.
How to Make Smoked Short Rib Chili:
- Add olive oil to a large pan or dutch oven with diced onion, bell peppers and minced garlic.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring often until vegetables are softened and onions start to caramelize.
- Stir in tomato sauce, chili powder, ground cumin, salt and pepper.
- Remove the bones from the short ribs and dice the smoked beef.
- Add diced beef and beans and mix well.
- Stir in beer or beef broth and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Lower to simmer and cook 30 minutes to 1 hour until thickened.
- Serve with shredded cheese, sliced jalapeños, sour cream and Fritos.
How to Store and Reheat Chili:
Store cooled chili in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Reheat in a pan over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of water per cup of chili, stirring often until heated through.