Grilled Italian Roast Beef is loaded with delicious flavors for a fantastic weeknight dinner. Use the leftovers for the best sandwiches and wraps to enjoy all week long!
Roast beef is the classic Sunday supper but this grilled roast beef is easy enough for any night of the week! Generally a 3 to 5 pound roast will make at least 2 meals for a family. It's a real time saver during the week.
PIN IT TO PINTEREST NOW!
I grew up eating pot roast that had been slow cooked for hours. I still love that fall apart tender pot roast but grilling roast beef is a whole other level of deliciousness. The texture is more like steak and if you slice it thin, it is tender and flavorful.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
How To Grill Italian Roast Beef:
- Set the roast out to come to room temperature about an hour before grilling.
- Pat roast dry with paper towels.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with Italian Rub.
- Use a sharp knife and pierce roast all over, pressing rub into roast.
- Turn roast and repeat with olive oil and rub. Tenderize with a sharp knife.
- Prepare a grill fire to 300° with hickory or oak for smoke flavor.
- Place roast over indirect heat and cook with the lid closed.
- Figure about 15 minutes per pound for rare roast, 20 minutes per pound for a medium roast and 30 minutes for well done.
- Use a digital thermometer to check meat for desired doneness.
- Remove roast from grill and allow to rest 10 minutes before slicing. I recommend slicing the roast as needed, so that the roast beef stays fresh tasting longer.
What Temperature to Cook Roast Beef:
- Rare: 130°
- Medium Rare: 140°
- Medium: 155°
- Well Done: 165°
Italian Rub Ingredients:
- Brown Sugar
- Granulated Garlic
- Italian Seasonings
- Kosher Salt
Get the full Italian Rub Recipe.
How to Store and Reheat:
Wrap cooled roast in two layers of plastic wrap and a layer of foil. Refrigerate up to 3 days.
Slice roast and heat in a skillet with 2 tablespoons of water or beef broth over medium heat for about 8- 10 minutes, stirring often.
Serve Italian Roast with Creamy Mashed Potatoes and Cucumber and Onion Salad or a side of Grilled Corn on the Cob and Grilled Zucchini. You might also like to serve your roast beef with homemade Horseradish Sauce.
What is a Good Roast to Grill?
Rump Roast, Pike's Peak Roast, Chuck Roast or like we used in this recipe and Arm Roast. All of these cuts of beef roast are delicious on the grill. Rump roast is the most tender but the cooking method will work on any of these cuts.