Smoked Pork Butt with Italian Rub is a delicious meal to feed a crowd. Easy to make ahead and a tasty recipe for any pork butt or shoulder to slice and serve or as pulled pork for sandwiches.
Pork Butt is one of my favorites to feed a hungry crowd. Especially when it's smoked. Pork butt is usually cooked until it is falling apart tender and served as pulled pork for sandwiches. We gave these pork butts a new flavor twist with our favorite Italian Rub.
This slow smoked pork butt with Italian spices was so flavorful from the Italian rub that has tons of garlic and brown sugar along with the Italian spices.
We smoked two pork butts and shared with our extended family and everyone loved it. It made dinner time super easy for several meals during the week.
How to Make Smoked Pork Butt with Italian Rub:
- Pierce pork butt with a sharp knife about ½ inch apart.
- Pour soy sauce over pork.
- Rub with Italian Rub seasoning, making sure to get the spices down into the meat.
- Prepare smoker or grill with about a 300° fire.
- Place pork butts over indirect heat and cook for about 30 minutes per pound.
- Cook to 145° for medium to slice and serve or to 190- 195° for pulled pork.
- Remove from grill and cover with foil. Allow to sit for 10 minutes before slicing or shredding.
Meal Ideas for Smoked Pork Butt:
Pork Carnitas will take taco night to a whole new level of deliciousness.
Pulled Pork Sandwiches are always a crowd favorite. You can shred the pork and toss it into a crock pot with Homemade Barbecue Sauce and it's ready to go with so little effort.
More Grilled Pork Recipes to Try:
Smoked Pork Shoulder with brown sugar garlic rub is one of my favorites.
Our Smoked Spare Ribs are out of this world delicious. Made with a simple dry rub, these ribs are so delicious that they don't even need sauce!
Everyone goes crazy for our Maple Glazed Ribs. They are insanely flavorful and so simple to make!
We love these easy Marinated Pork Chops for busy weeknights. A simple make ahead marinade gives these chops incredible flavor that just can't be beat.
FOLLOW OUT GRILLING ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
Smoked Pork Butt with Italian Rub is a delicious meal to feed a crowd. Easy to make ahead and a tasty recipe for any pork shoulder to slice and serve or as pulled pork for sandwiches.
- 2 10 pound pork butts
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 cups Italian Rub
- Prepare grill or smoker to 350°.
- Pierce pork roast with a sharp knife about ½ inch apart.
- Pour half of soy sauce over each pork butt and rub it down into the meat.
- Sprinkle half of Italian Rub over each pork butt, over all sides and down into knife cuts.
- Place pork butts over indirect heat and smoke for 30 minutes per pound.
- For medium cook until internal temperature reaches 145°. For pulled pork cook until internal temperature reaches 195°.
- Remove from grill and cover with foil and allow to stand 10 minutes before slicing or shredding.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 306Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 164mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 26g
Nutritional Calculation is estimated and may not be accurate.