Whiskey Steak Sauce is a flavorful addition to any steak dinner. Made in about 15 minutes with just a few pantry ingredients. Kick up your steak dinner with this delicious sauce!
A delicious grilled steak dinner is one of our favorites for a date night in or for special celebrations and our Garlic Butter Steaks are always a hit. If you are looking for something new and different, this homemade steak sauce will definitely deliver with amazing flavor.
Ingredients for Whiskey Steak Sauce:
- Beef Broth
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Brown Sugar
- Granulated Garlic
- Onion Flakes
- Smoked Paprika
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Ground Red Pepper
How to Make Whiskey Steak Sauce:
- In a small saucepan add beef broth, whiskey, Worcestershire Sauce, butter and molasses.
- Whisk to combine and place over medium heat.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar with garlic, onion flakes, paprika, salt, pepper and ground red pepper. Whisk together and stir into sauce.
- Cook, stirring often until mixture comes to a slight boil. Lower to simmer and cook 5 minutes. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Serve alongside grilled steaks or drizzled over the top.
How to Store and Reheat:
- Store leftover steak sauce in a covered container or jar in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
- Reheat in a saucepan over low heat.
- For the Steaks we simply sprayed them with olive oil and used about 2 teaspoons of Sweet Garlic and Onion Rub for each steak. If you are serving with a flavorful sauce, salt and pepper are sufficient, if you prefer.
Add steaks to a hot fire over indirect heat to sear. We used hickory for smoke flavor over a 400° fire.
- Cook with the grill closed about 7 minutes. Flip the steaks and continue to cook until steaks reach desired doneness. Depending on the thickness of the steaks will determine the total cook time.
- Use a digital thermometer to check the steaks.
INTERNAL TEMPERATURES FOR GRILLED STEAKS:
- Rare: 130°
- Medium Rare: 140°
- Medium: 155°
- Allow steaks to rest 10 minutes before slicing.
Side Dishes for Grilled Steak:
We love adding a side of Grilled Asparagus, it doesn't get any easier than this recipe with garlic butter. Cheesy Grilled Potatoes and Garlic Bread will complete this delicious meal.
More Delicious Steak Recipes:
Grilled Ribeye Steaks is one of our most requested recipes. These steaks are seasoned with our best dry rub and grilled to perfection. A guaranteed hit for any cookout.
Brown Sugar T-Bone Steaks are a classic dry rubbed steak with tons of flavor and hickory smoke.
Mushroom Cream Sauce over Grilled Ribeyes is a recipe that tastes like it was served from a fancy steakhouse but it's so simple to make at home!
Add this simple and easy Whiskey Steak Sauce recipe to your next steak dinner on the grill. It adds a burst of savory and delicious flavors to any grilled steak!
FOLLOW OUT GRILLING ON SOCIAL MEDIA
FACEBOOK * PINTEREST * INSTAGRAM * TWITTER
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
Whiskey Steak Sauce
Whiskey Steak Sauce is a flavorful addition to any steak dinner. Made in about 15 minutes with pantry ingredients.
- ½ cup beef broth
- 3 tablespoons Whiskey
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoons onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- pinch of ground red pepper
- 4 T-Bone or Ribeye Steaks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Sweet Garlic and Onion Rub
- In a saucepan, combine beef broth, whiskey, Worcestershire sauce, butter and molasses.
- Whisk together and place over medium heat.
- Mix together brown sugar, garlic, onion flakes, smoked paprika, salt, pepper and ground red pepper.
- Mix into sauce and bring mixture to a boil. Lower to simmer and cook 5 minutes, stirring often. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Season steaks with olive oil and sprinkle with dry rub.
- Cook over indirect grill fire at 400° with hickory for smoke flavor.
- Grill with lid closed for 7 minutes. Flip steaks and continue to cook until steaks reach desired doneness. We cooked ours to about 130°.
- Allow steaks to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Drizzle with steak sauce or serve alongside the steaks.
INTERNAL TEMPERATURES FOR RIBEYE STEAKS:
- Rare: 130°
- Medium Rare: 140°
- Medium: 155°
Store leftover sauce in refrigerator up to 2 weeks. Reheat in a saucepan over medium heat.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 268Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 735mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 12g
Nutritional information is estimated and may not be accurate.
Leave a Reply