Jalapeno Cream Cheese Dip is a quick and easy appetizer to make on the grill for any occasion. Smoked cream cheese topped with sweet and spicy jalapenos to serve with crackers or chips.
Grilling appetizers are a great addition to tailgating, backyard cookouts and even holiday gatherings. This easy dip is great to serve alongside sausage jalapeño poppers, cocktail meatballs, sausage stuffed mushrooms and steak and cheese bites.
Ingredients for Jalapeno Cream Cheese Dip:
- Jalapenos ~ pickled or fresh
- Brown Sugar
- Cream Cheese
- Steak Rub or all purpose seasoning
How to Grill Jalapeno Cream Cheese Dip:
- Dice jalapenos.
- Pour water into a small pan with brown sugar and diced jalapenos.
- Cook over medium- high heat, stirring often and bring to a boil.
- Continue to cook about 5 minutes until syrup is thickened and slightly reduced.
- Spread softened cream cheese into a foil pie pan.
- Sprinkle steak rub over cream cheese.
- Spoon jalapeno syrup over the top.
- Garnish with a few jalapeno slices if desired.
- Grill over indirect heat over a 325° fire with the grill closed. Using hickory or pecan chunks will add delicious smoke flavor.
- Cook for about 15- 20 minutes until cream cheese is bubbly and desired smokiness is reached.
- Remove from grill.
- Serve with crackers or chips.
This smoked cream cheese dip is delicious both hot off of the grill or at room temperature.
Jalapeno Jelly or Pepper Jelly can also be used in place of the candied jalapeno syrup.
How to Store:
- Store cream cheese dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 4 days.
- Serve at room temperature or warm up in a microwave for a few seconds.
Need more dip recipes on the grill? This Cheesy Bean Dip is always a crowd favorite to serve with tortilla chips or corn chips.
More Jalapeno Recipes to Try:
Jalapeno Poppers with Brisket and Bacon are a kicked up version of the classic poppers. Filled with smoky brisket, crispy bacon and bbq sauce.
Nacho Cheese Jalapeño Poppers are a surefire hit for game day parties and backyard cookouts. Fire roasted jalapeños stuffed with our favorite queso and topped with crushed Doritos.
Armadillo Eggs are crazy delicious. A jalapeno popper wrapped in sausage and bacon! A flavor explosion in every bite.
Jalapeno Popper Burgers are an over the top grilled burger topped with classic jalapeno poppers wrapped in crispy bacon. This is one of my all-time favorite burgers!
Doritos Chicken Jalapeno Poppers are a delicious mashup of the classic Doritos chicken casserole and jalapeno poppers. Epic comfort food that is impossible to resist.
We absolutely loved this smoky jalapeno cream cheese dip for a quick and easy appetizer. We've made it twice this week and it has earned a permanent spot on the grilling menu.
This jalapeno cream cheese dip is our spin on the popular smoked cream cheese craze and it is one of the easiest and most delicious appetizers that you can make on the grill.
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
Jalapeno Cream Cheese Dip
Smoked cream cheese topped with sweet and spicy jalapenos to serve with crackers or chips.
- ¼ cup jalapenos (pickled or fresh)
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon steak rub or all purpose seasoning
- Prepare a grill fire to about 350° using hickory or pecan for smoke flavor.
- Set aside a few slices of jalapenos for garnish and dice remaining slices.
- Add water to a small pan with brown sugar and diced jalapenos.
- Cook over medium-high heat and bring mixture to a boil, stirring often.
- Continue to cook about 5 minutes until sauce thickens and is slightly reduced.
- Spread cream cheese in a foil pie pan in an even layer.
- Sprinkle dry rub over the cream cheese.
- Pour jalapeno syrup over the cream cheese.
- Grill over indirect fire for about 15- 20 with the grill closed until cream cheese is bubbly and desired smokiness is reached.
- Remove from grill.
- Serve hot or at room temperature with chips or crackers.
Store leftover dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 4 days.
Serve at room temperature or microwave for a few seconds to serve warm.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 253Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 279mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 4g
Nutritional information is estimated and may not be accurate.
Talk about a flavor-packed dip!! This is excellent, and the fact that it can be cooked on the grill makes it really special for summertime entertaining.
Love this dip with pickled jalapenos so it's not quite as intense a spice. The bit of tang they add is a nice pairing to the cream cheese too. Great for a party!