Orange Ginger Meatballs are a hearty and delicious appetizer bursting with citrus flavors. Ground beef meatballs cook quickly with hardwood smoke for a tasty bite that will have everyone coming back for more.
INGREDIENTS FOR ORANGE GINGER MEATBALLS:
- Ground Beef 70/30
- Orange Marmalade
- Orange Juice
- Brown Sugar
- Ground Ginger
- Granulated Garlic
- Green Chile Powder
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Ground Chili Flakes
How to Grill Orange Ginger Meatballs:
- Add orange marmalade, orange juice, brown sugar with spices, salt, black pepper and red pepper to a saucepan.
- Whisk together, cooking over medium heat. Bring mixture to a boil and cook 5 minutes, whisking often. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Pour half of the sauce into a jar and reserve for dipping the meatballs.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef with the half of sauce.
- Gently mix with your hands until well combined.
- Form into 1 ½ inch meatballs.
- Place onto a grill pan.
- Refrigerate meatballs until ready to grill.
- Build a grill fire to 350° using hickory or pecan chunks for the best smoke flavor.
- Place the grill pan over indirect fire, cooking with the grill closed.
- Keep the grill between 325 and 350° and cook for about 25 minutes.
- Test internal temperature of meatballs with a digital meat thermometer, cooking until they reach 165°.
- Remove from grill to a serving platter.
- Serve meatballs with reserved dipping sauce.
Grilling Facts for Orange Ginger Meatballs:
- Grill: Big Green Egg Large
- Heat Source: Hardwood Lump Charcoal
- Wood: Hickory or Pecan
- Grill Temperature: 350°
HOW TO STORE AND REHEAT:
- Store Meatballs in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
- Sauce can be stored in a lided jar in the refrigerator up to 3 months.
- Reheat in a covered skillet with additional orange ginger sauce, cooking over medium heat. Stirring until heated through.
More Meatball Recipes You Will Love:
Cheddar Stuffed Meatballs are one of the best things we've ever made on the grill. Made with layers of sausage and ground beef stuffed with cheddar cheese. A must-try appetizer.
Peach BBQ Meatballs are crazy-delicious! Grilled meatballs tossed in our homemade peach bbq sauce for an epic appetizer for game day or holiday parties.
Meatball Subs are a hearty meal that will have the kids running to the dinner table. Delicious layers of smoky meatballs, marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese on a toasted bun.
The simple orange ginger sauce comes together really quickly and will probably become one of your go to dipping sauces to have on hand. We also loved it on these Steak and Shrimp Kabobs.
If you are looking for a quick and easy appetizer to kick off your backyard bbq, these orange ginger meatballs are a must try. They are filled with delicious flavors and sure to be on your grilling favorites list.
FOLLOW OUT GRILLING ON SOCIAL MEDIA
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
Ground beef meatballs cook quickly with hardwood smoke for a tasty bite that will have everyone coming back for more.
- 2 pounds ground beef 70/30 blend
- 18 ounces orange marmalade
- 4 ounces orange juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons green chile powder (or red)
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground chili flakes
Store leftover meatballs in an airtight container or zip top bag in the refrigerator up to 4 days.
Store sauce in a covered jar in refrigerator up to 3 months.
Reheat meatballs with sauce in a skillet over medium heat, stirring until heated through.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 387Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 81mgSodium: 238mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 33gProtein: 25g
Nutritional information is estimated and may not be accurate.