The Best Burger Seasoning recipe is guaranteed to take your favorite burgers to a new level of flavor and deliciousness. A simple brown sugar spice mix that will make the best homemade burgers you've ever tried.
Make the best burger seasonings with just a few pantry spices in a large batch to make the best burgers on the grill all year long. Nothing beats grilled burgers for a quick and easy weeknight meal.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Ingredients for the Best Burger Seasoning:
- Brown Sugar
- Onion Flakes
- Green Chile Powder or Red Chili Powder
- Granulated Garlic
- Onion Powder
- Kosher Salt or Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
How to Make the Best Burger Seasoning:
- Combine brown sugar, onion flakes, garlic, chile powder, garlic, onion powder, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Keep in an airtight container or glass jar for up to 3 months. Stir before using to break up any brown sugar clumps.
Secret Ingredients for Gourmet Burger Seasonings:
The green chile powder is our favorite spice for adding flavor without adding to much heat to our rubs and seasoning mixes. Our favorite brand of green chile is from Spiceology but there are many options from the grocery store or Amazon. Red chili powder can be substituted but has a different flavor. Using granulated garlic along with both onion flakes and onion powder really compliments the ground beef on the grill.
This homemade spice blend is a great starting point to make burgers taste your favorite way. It's easy to control the salt when you make your own seasoning blend. Plus, you can add in cayenne pepper or chili pepper flakes if you like your burgers on the spicy side.
Tips for the Perfect Burger:
- 80/20 ground beef or ground chuck makes a juicy burger with the best flavor.
- Mix the homemade burger seasoning right into the ground meat for delicious burgers that are well seasoned.
- Make hamburger patties into ⅓ pound patties for a filling burger that will cook quickly on the grill.
- Grill burgers over indirect fire and flip burgers about half way through cooking.
- Internal temperature for burgers is 165° using a digital thermometer.
- Allow burgers to rest about 5 minutes before serving.
Best Toppings for an Amazing Burger:
- Easy Burger Sauce
- Sweet and Tangy BBQ Sauce
- Dr Pepper Jalapeno BBQ Sauce
- Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
- Sweet Pickle Relish or Sliced Pickles
- Lettuce, Tomatoes, Onions
Our Best Burger Recipes:
Mozzarella Burgers are all beef burgers with shredded mozzarella mixed right into the burger patties and grilled to perfection. Great for any cookout.
Jalapeño Popper Burgers are an epic burger that will satisfy serious burger cravings and will likely steal the show at your next backyard barbecue.
Brisket Burgers are made with ground beef brisket for the best burger on the grill that will rival your favorite restaurant chains.
Onion Burgers are a next level burger topped with grilled onions and burger sauce with amazing flavors.
The next time you are craving a good burger, skip the take out window and make great burgers with your own burger seasoning. Burgers are always a family favorite and having the perfect burger seasoning mix on hand makes this it a snap to get on the dinner table.
A simple brown sugar spice mix that will make the best homemade burgers you've ever tried.
- Add brown sugar to a bowl with onion flakes, green chile powder, granulated garlic, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Mix well with a large tined fork or wire whisk.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Stir before using.
Use 6 tablespoons of burger seasoning per pound of ground beef.
Recipe yields enough seasoning for 4 pounds of ground beef.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 29Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 633mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information is estimated and may not be accurate.