Smoked Short Ribs are marinated in our favorite coffee and brown sugar marinade and slow smoked to perfection. These smoked beef ribs are tender, juicy and so flavorful.
Beef Ribs make for a hearty and delicious meal. When cooked correctly, they are tender and flavorful. A great main dish for backyard cookouts, tailgating or for grilling with your family.
PIN IT TO PINTEREST NOW!
If you are looking for pork rib recipes, try our BBQ Mustard Ribs are smothered in homemade Mustard BBQ Sauce for a delicious dinner that the whole family will love.
Maple Glazed Ribs are beyond delicious with a sweet and sticky maple glaze. An easy meal for any night of the week or great for entertaining. Our Chili Rubbed Ribs are tender and juicy with just a bit of a spicy kick. Great for weekend cookouts!
How to Make Smoked Short Ribs:
- If your ribs are frozen, thaw completely in the refrigerator. Separate and place in a large bowl.
- Prepare the marinade by adding brewed coffee, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasonings, smoked paprika, garlic and salt to a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and then lower to simmer for about 5 minutes. Cool before pouring over meat. Cool rapidly by placing in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Pour marinade over beef ribs, cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
- Prepare grill or smoker to about 300°.
- Place ribs over indirect fire and cook for 30 minutes. Brush with marinade once more. Continue cooking until internal temperature reaches about 185-190° for the most tender ribs.
- Ribs are cooked through at 145° but they will get more tender starting at about 165° and the most tender around 190°.
This coffee and brown sugar marinade gives the ribs so much flavor that they do not need barbecue sauce. If you really love sauce on your ribs, check out our Homemade Barbecue Sauce, Dr Pepper Barbecue Sauce and Jalapeno Barbecue Sauce recipes.
Smoked Beef Ribs are marinated in our favorite coffee and brown sugar marinade and slow smoked to perfection. These ribs are tender, juicy and so flavorful.
- 4 pounds beef short ribs
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Prepare marinade by combining brewed coffee, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, Italian Seasoning, smoked paprika, garlic and salt in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil then lower to simmer. Cook 5 minutes, remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Cool rapidly by placing marinade in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Place ribs in a large bowl and cover with marinade. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or up to 4 hours.
- Prepare grill or smoker to 300°.
- Place ribs over indirect heat and brush with marinade. Cook 30 minutes, brush with marinade once more. Discard remaining marinade.
- Continue to cook until ribs reach about 165° about 1 more hour. For fall apart tender ribs, cook to 190°.
- Remove from grill and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 791Total Fat: 51gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 28gCholesterol: 227mgSodium: 474mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 58g
Nutritional calculation is estimated and may not be accurate.