Maple BBQ Sauce is the perfect blend of flavors, it's slightly sweet with just the right amount of spice for a great grilling sauce. Enjoy it with pork, beef or chicken.
This homemade maple barbecue sauce is sure to rival your favorite store bought brand and it's really quick and easy to make at home. It makes a large batch so you'll have plenty to have on hand for grilling and dipping.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Ingredients for Maple BBQ Sauce:
- Pure Maple Syrup
- Apple Cider
- Real Cane Syrup
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Granulated Garlic
- Smoked Paprika
- Onion Flakes
- Black Pepper
- Kosher Salt
- Ground Red Pepper
Cane syrup is just simply boiled sugar cane juice. Molasses is what is left after the sugar granules are removed to make granulated sugar. It is not as sweet as is sounds. Not quite as sweet as molasses but has much of the same flavor. I have found it in the jelly isle at the grocery store and on Amazon. If you don't have cane syrup, molasses is a great substitute.
How to Make Maple BBQ Sauce:
- In a large saucepan combine ketchup, maple syrup, cane syrup, apple cider, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, paprika, onion flakes, pepper, salt and red pepper.
- Whisk to combine and cook over medium- high heat. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring often. Cook about 5 minutes and remove from heat to cool slightly.
- Brush sauce over baby back ribs, chicken or pork chops.
- Also great for dipping your favorite appetizers or French fries.
How to Store BBQ Sauce:
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 months.
Back before the days of food blogging, we owned our own barbecue sauce company and it's still fun to develop new flavor combinations for grilling.
Making homemade barbecue sauce is so simple and can really take your grilling recipes to the next level of deliciousness. This Maple BBQ Sauce recipe is one of our favorites for everything on the grill, from burgers to ribs to chicken and pork, it's the best!
If you love this Maple BBQ Sauce Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
Maple BBQ Sauce is the perfect blend of flavors. Slightly sweet with just the right amount of spice for a great grilling sauce. Enjoy it with pork, beef or chicken.
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup apple cider
- ¼ cup cane syrup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- In a saucepan, add ketchup, maple syrup, apple cider, cane syrup, garlic, smoked paprika, black pepper, salt, dry mustard and red pepper.
- Whisk mixture together until well combined.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a low boil, stirring often.
- Continue to cook for 5 minutes, remove from heat and set aside until slightly cooled.
- Store in airtight containers in the refrigerator up to 3 months.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 55Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 282mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 12gProtein: 0g
Nutritional information is estimated and may not be accurate.