Apple Pie Pizza is a great dessert pizza to make on the grill or in the oven. Made with pizza dough and topped with delicious cinnamon apple slices for a warming and delicious treat that is sure to be a huge hit.
Dessert on the grill is a great way to finish off a family cookout or backyard bbq. We love this Grilled Peach Cobbler Dump Cake when we are cooking dinner on the grill.
Ingredients for Apple Pie Pizza:
- Gala Apples
- Brown Sugar
- Pizza Dough + Cornmeal for sprinkling the pizza stone
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
How to Make Apple Pie Pizza:
- Peel and core apples. Slice thin using a mandoline.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together.
- Sprinkle half of brown sugar mixture over the apples and mix well. Set aside while you prepare the pizza dough.
- Roll pizza dough into about an 8 inch circle.
- Spread with softened butter.
- Sprinkle a pizza peel with cornmeal, liberally.
- Place buttered pizza dough over peel. Push up the outside of the dough to create the pizza edge.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the butter, reserving about a tablespoon for the top of the apples.
- Layer apple slices over cinnamon sugar.
- Pour a bit of the juice from the sliced apples over the top.
- Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Prepare a grill fire with a pizza stone over indirect heat to about 400° and then cool down to about 350°. Pecan chunks add a bit of smoky flavor to the apples.
- Carefully slide pizza onto a pizza stone coated with cornmeal.
- Cook pizza with the grill closed for about 5 minutes. Using a large spatula, turn pizza a quarter turn.
- Repeat every five minutes until pizza crust is crispy, about 20 minutes total.
- Remove to a cutting board.
- Slice and serve warm or at room temperature.
- Bake on a pizza stone or pizza pan at 425° for 20 -25 minutes or until crust is crispy.
Apple pie pizza makes a great hand held dessert to finish off any meal on the grill. Top it off with a cream cheese icing drizzle or serve with vanilla ice cream for a more decadent dessert.
This dessert pizza was a huge hit with our whole family and was even better than the dessert pizzas from the pizza joint that we all love.
More Grilled Pizza Recipes:
We enjoy apple desserts all year long like apple cobbler and apple crisp and this easy apple pie pizza is going to be on the menu every time we have pizza night.
It's easy to add dessert to the grill after the main dish is cooked and apple pie pizza is really simple to make. It's sure to be a hit with the entire family.
FOLLOW OUT GRILLING ON SOCIAL MEDIA
FACEBOOK * PINTEREST * INSTAGRAM * TWITTER
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
Apple Pie Pizza
Apple Pie Pizza is a great dessert pizza to make on the grill or in the oven. Made with pizza dough and topped with delicious cinnamon apple slices.
- 2 gala apples, peeled and cored
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- pizza dough for one crust
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour for rolling
- 2 tablespoons butter
- cornmeal for sprinkling pizza stone
- Prepare a grill fire to 400° with a pizza stone over indirect fire. Use pecan chunks if you would like to add smoke flavor. Cool down to 350° for cooking.
- Slice apples thin, a mandoline works great for this.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar with cinnamon.
- Add apples to a large bowl with half of the cinnamon sugar. Mix to combine. Set aside while you prepare the dough.
- Roll pizza dough out into a 8 inch circle on a floured surface.
- Spread softened butter over pizza crust.
- Sprinkle cornmeal onto a pizza peel.
- Place dough onto peel. Fold up the edges slightly to create an edge.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over butter, reserving one tablespoon for the top of the apples.
- Layer sliced apples over the cinnamon sugar.
- Drizzle about 1 - 2 tablespoons of juice from the apples over the apple slices.
- Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar.
- Sprinkle pizza stone with cornmeal.
- Carefully slide the pizza onto the stone and cook with the grill lid closed about 5 minutes. Using a large spatula, turn pizza a quarter turn about every 5 minutes, cooking with the lid closed until pizza crust is crisp. Total cooking time will be about 20 minutes.
- Remove from grill to a cutting board. Slice and serve warm or at room temperature.
How to Store and Reheat:
Store leftover pizza in a plastic zip top bag in the refrigerator up to 4 days. Reheat in a 350° oven or air fryer for about 5 - 8 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 224Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 126mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 3gSugar: 22gProtein: 3g
Nutritional information is estimated and may not be accurate.
Loved this! It is full of Fall goodness and not over sweet. YUM!
This is fabulous! So much fun and super yummy!
Apple pie meets dessert pizza for a phenomenal kid-friendly dessert!
This is such a great way to enjoy all the apples! My kids really loved it!
Oh my goodness this our new favorite fall season dessert!