Apple Pie Pizza is a great dessert pizza to make on the grill or in the oven. Made with pizza dough and topped with delicious cinnamon apple slices for a warming and delicious treat that is sure to be a huge hit.
Dessert on the grill is a great way to finish off a family cookout or backyard bbq. We love this Grilled Peach Cobbler Dump Cake when we are cooking dinner on the grill.
Ingredients for Apple Pie Pizza:
- Gala Apples
- Brown Sugar
- Pizza Dough + Cornmeal for sprinkling the pizza stone
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
How to Make Apple Pie Pizza:
- Peel and core apples. Slice thin using a mandoline.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together.
- Sprinkle half of brown sugar mixture over the apples and mix well. Set aside while you prepare the pizza dough.
- Roll pizza dough into about an 8 inch circle.
- Spread with softened butter.
- Sprinkle a pizza peel with cornmeal, liberally.
- Place buttered pizza dough over peel. Push up the outside of the dough to create the pizza edge.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the butter, reserving about a tablespoon for the top of the apples.
- Layer apple slices over cinnamon sugar.
- Pour a bit of the juice from the sliced apples over the top.
- Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Prepare a grill fire with a pizza stone over indirect heat to about 400° and then cool down to about 350°. Pecan chunks add a bit of smoky flavor to the apples.
- Carefully slide pizza onto a pizza stone coated with cornmeal.
- Cook pizza with the grill closed for about 5 minutes. Using a large spatula, turn pizza a quarter turn.
- Repeat every five minutes until pizza crust is crispy, about 20 minutes total.
- Remove to a cutting board.
- Slice and serve warm or at room temperature.
- Bake on a pizza stone or pizza pan at 425° for 20 -25 minutes or until crust is crispy.
Apple pie pizza makes a great hand held dessert to finish off any meal on the grill. Top it off with a cream cheese icing drizzle or serve with vanilla ice cream for a more decadent dessert.
This dessert pizza was a huge hit with our whole family and was even better than the dessert pizzas from the pizza joint that we all love.
More Grilled Pizza Recipes:
It’s easy to add dessert to the grill after the main dish is cooked and apple pie pizza is really simple to make. It’s sure to be a hit with the entire family.
FOLLOW OUT GRILLING ON SOCIAL MEDIA
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
Apple Pie Pizza is a great dessert pizza to make on the grill or in the oven. Made with pizza dough and topped with delicious cinnamon apple slices.
- 2 gala apples, peeled and cored
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- pizza dough for one crust
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour for rolling
- 2 tablespoons butter
- cornmeal for sprinkling pizza stone
- Prepare a grill fire to 400° with a pizza stone over indirect fire. Use pecan chunks if you would like to add smoke flavor. Cool down to 350° for cooking.
- Slice apples thin, a mandoline works great for this.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar with cinnamon.
- Add apples to a large bowl with half of the cinnamon sugar. Mix to combine. Set aside while you prepare the dough.
- Roll pizza dough out into a 8 inch circle on a floured surface.
- Spread softened butter over pizza crust.
- Sprinkle cornmeal onto a pizza peel.
- Place dough onto peel. Fold up the edges slightly to create an edge.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over butter, reserving one tablespoon for the top of the apples.
- Layer sliced apples over the cinnamon sugar.
- Drizzle about 1 - 2 tablespoons of juice from the apples over the apple slices.
- Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar.
- Sprinkle pizza stone with cornmeal.
- Carefully slide the pizza onto the stone and cook with the grill lid closed about 5 minutes. Using a large spatula, turn pizza a quarter turn about every 5 minutes, cooking with the lid closed until pizza crust is crisp. Total cooking time will be about 20 minutes.
- Remove from grill to a cutting board. Slice and serve warm or at room temperature.
How to Store and Reheat:
Store leftover pizza in a plastic zip top bag in the refrigerator up to 4 days. Reheat in a 350° oven or air fryer for about 5 - 8 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 224Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 126mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 3gSugar: 22gProtein: 3g
Nutritional information is estimated and may not be accurate.