Smoked Sausage Potato Rounds are a flavorful and delicious side dish or hearty appetizer for any cookout. Buttery fried potatoes are topped with smoked sausage, sliced tomatoes and mozzarella cheese that gets a smoky finish on the grill.
We made these smoked sausage potato rounds as an appetizer while we were grilling ribs which take a while. It was the perfect bite to tide us over until dinner was ready and the flavor combination is really delicious.
Ingredients for Smoked Sausage Potato Rounds:
- Russet Potatoes
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Granulated Garlic
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Smoked Sausage
- Fresh Parsley
How to Make Smoked Sausage Potato Rounds:
- Slice potatoes into about 1/4 inch slices.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-low heat.
- Season potato slices with salt, pepper and garlic.
- Fry potatoes over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes, flip potatoes and cook another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Transfer to a baking pan.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Next, add a tomato slice and smoked sausage to each potato.
- Top with more mozzarella and finish with a pinch of basil.
- Place over indirect grill fire, about 300° with the grill closed for about 10- 15 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Remove from grill. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with parsley if desired.
How to Store and Reheat:
- Store leftover potato rounds in an airtight container up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
- Reheat in a 350° oven for 8 – 10 minutes or in an air fryer for 3- 4 minutes at 350°.
More Grilled Potato Recipes to Try:
Garlic Rosemary Potatoes are made in a foil packet with tons of garlic and herb flavors. Great for any meal on the grill.
Cheesy Grilled Potatoes are baked potatoes made in foil packet with a cheesy filling along with everything bagel seasoning for an epic side dish.
Garlic Butter Potatoes are a favorite to serve with grilled steak or pork chops. These potatoes are so easy to make on the grill and the flavorful garlic and herb butter make them something special.
Bruschetta Butter Potatoes are another variation of this recipe that we grilled and they are just as delicious.
These sausage and potato rounds are something new and different to add to your grilling menu. They are super simple to put together and the smoky finish on the tomatoes and cheese is irresistible! The perfect appetizer or side dish for entertaining guests or your next cookout.
FOLLOW OUT GRILLING ON SOCIAL MEDIA
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
Buttery fried potatoes are topped with smoked sausage, sliced tomatoes and mozzarella cheese that gets a smoky finish on the grill.
- 1 large russet potato
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 roma tomatoes, sliced
- 12 slices smoked sausage, about 1/4 pound
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- fresh parsley, optional garnish
- additional salt and pepper for serving
- Scrub potato and dry well.
- Slice potato into 1/4 inch slices, making rounds.
- Melt butter in a skillet and place over medium-low heat.
- Season potatoes with salt, pepper and garlic.
- Fry potato slices for about 5 minutes, flip and continue to cook another 5 minutes until potatoes are browned.
- Remove from heat.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle each slice with a teaspoon or two of cheese.
- Top with tomato slice, smoked sausage slice and more cheese.
- Sprinkle basil over the top of each.
- Cook over indirect grill fire at about 300° with the grill closed for about 10 - 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from grill to a serving plate.
- Season with additional salt and pepper and garnish with parsley if desired.
Recipe can be doubled as needed.
Store leftover potato rounds in an airtight container up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
Reheat in a 350° oven for about 8 - 10 minutes or in a 350° air fryer for 3-4 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 811Total Fat: 67gSaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 33gCholesterol: 150mgSodium: 2087mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 31g
Nutritional information is estimated and may not be accurate.